Sansa Clip Firmware Update

The .exe file is the Updater. You don’t need that. Just download the clip01.01.32.zip file (the link marked All Regions) and and follow the instructions to extract and install it.

smega wrote:

When I download the updater I get an EXE file.  when I run it it ends with an error and no indication what is wrong.  I have updated my other clip a long time ago and it went very smoothly, so I am surprised.  I looked at this thread and it talks about unzipping the download file and manually moving it to the root on the clip.  I am afraid to move the file i got because it did not have to be unzipped, so i am afraid it might not be the same file the instructions are referring to.  Can you help me get my clip updated.

Ed 

The .exe file is the Updater. You don’t need that. Just download the clip01.01.32.zip file (the link marked All Regions) and and follow the instructions to extract and install it.

Worked like a charm.  Thanks for the help

Ed

After sending the original question and trying to follow the instructions, my Sanas Clip will not even turn on

@stanita wrote:
After sending the original question and trying to follow the instructions, my Sanas Clip will not even turn on

Hold the slider in the up (or on) position for ~20 seconds.  Then trying turning it on.

Although to be honest I have no idea what your issue is from your post.  You need to give more details if you want an answer, and make sure you search for the answer in the forum first.

stanita wrote:

Given this is your very 1st post . . . where and what was the question?

I think this Friday (2/19/2010) will mark one year since the last FW update.   It’s really a shame that none of the nice enhanements added to the Fuze & Clip+ over the last year were ported over to the Clip.

I used to be very upbeat on Sandisk’s responsiveness and FW updates, but the way the clip was abandoned, other long standing problems that were never fixed, and fairly useless recent updates to the Fuze & Clip+ have kind of changed my mind.  That’s not to say I’m totaly down on Sandisk either; all the other manufacturer’s forums are full of FW complaints as well.  But I used to think Sandisk we’re much better than average regarding FW updates.   Now I’m not sure they’re even average.

What I find so interesting is that the original Clip still is being avidly sold, 5 months after the Clip+ came out.

Hi,

I have used Revision 1 of the Clip for a couple of years to listen to audio material for a foreign language course.

I have been missing the capability of moving the track position slightly backward, just to to be able to

listen repeatedly to the last sentence, or the last works spoken.

Does anyone know if the latest firmware update allows for positioning in a track (other than rewinding

to the beginning of the track).

Is the Clip+ doing this.

I have seen nothing like this described on the forums nor in the manual.  I just ask to make sure

I did not miss something in my search.

Thanks

Richard

If you press and hold the left arrow, it will rewind–you just have to guess when to lift your finger up.

rlxqc

unfortunately not, not the clip nor the clip+ (i own both). we’ve been asking for this repeatedly on this forum but still iirc no word from sansa.

personally, i’m finding  this quite surprising since it would be probably very easily implemented once you decide what to implement, and the need for it is apparent.

Miikerman

it’s absolutely not the same, as repeatedly said before by me and others you have to be extremely careful that your finger makes perfect contact otherwise “ouch brief click, let’s rewind all the book!!!” it will skip all the way at the beginning of the typically lenghty file.

and  forwarding back into the desidered position is an awesomely painful thing to do because in lessons it’s very hard to remember what was said before, and you have to jump bit by bit forward, againg checking  every sentence to guess where we were. and skipping bit by bit again might easily cause a mis-click and jump all the way on the next “book”.and… here we go again!

to rephrase: the current interface behaviour - even for audiobooks and lessons - works well only for very short tracks that rarely  get partially rewinded, that is music, not audiobooks. for audiobooks you can bear it if yu have the patience and timeof a saint, and most of us poor customers that cannot evidendly understand “see, it’s easy, you can use the left arrow with the precision of a surgeon and it will work somehow!” simply cannot afford it.

I’m surprised that this still couldn’t get through. I hope it got through to the Sansa fw developer team , though.

I have both as well.  A brief press will command the Clip to restart the track from the beginning.  If held depressed, the device will rewind, first slowly, then progressively faster.

I have long audiobook files on both devices.

Bob  :smiley:

wxyz wrote:

Miikerman

it’s absolutely not the same, as repeatedly said before by me and others you have to be extremely careful that your finger makes perfect contact otherwise “ouch brief click, let’s rewind all the book!!!” it will skip all the way at the beginning of the typically lenghty file.

and  forwarding back into the desidered position is an awesomely painful thing to do because in lessons it’s very hard to remember what was said before, and you have to jump bit by bit forward, againg checking  every sentence to guess where we were. and skipping bit by bit again might easily cause a mis-click and jump all the way on the next “book”.and… here we go again!

to rephrase: the current interface behaviour - even for audiobooks and lessons - works well only for very short tracks that rarely  get partially rewinded, that is music, not audiobooks. for audiobooks you can bear it if yu have the patience and timeof a saint, and most of us poor customers that cannot evidendly understand “see, it’s easy, you can use the left arrow with the precision of a surgeon and it will work somehow!” simply cannot afford it.

I’m surprised that this still couldn’t get through. I hope it got through to the Sansa fw developer team , though.

I guess I don’t have the issue you have with rewinding–it works fine for me.  Maybe it’s the years I’ve had with players that operate this way.

What I would like is rewind and fast forward with sound–otherwise, it’s guesswork.

Mikerman

Thank’s so much for this tip.  I am ashamed I did not find this by myself after using the Clip for nearly two years.

wxyz

I agree that this feature could be improved; at least this needs a bit of practice.  The education market is probably not the main target of this device.  The Clip is such a good piece of hardware, I hope this feature gets some attention from the software designers.

Message Edited by rlxqc on 03-13-2010 09:21 AM

Hi all,

I have a Clip 1 GB and I updated today to v01.01.32A firmware hoping to solve a poblem I have had all along with my Clip stopping at around 49 minutes during voice recording. It just shuts off.

Auto Power is set to 5 mins

Sleep is set to off

I see listed in this firmware log:

“•Device hangs up during Voice recording” is addressed, was this the same behavior I am describing? If so, my firmware update did not correct it.

By the way, I’m on a Mac and did the “file copy to root” method of updating the firmware.

Any advice for me?

Thank you all in advance.

Rob

rlxqc wrote:

Mikerman

Thank’s so much for this tip.  I am ashamed I did not find this by myself after using the Clip for nearly two years.

Am glad it worked out.  Been there …   :wink:

probably won’t help, but did you confirm the update by displaying the firmware version on the clip? also I take it you are not running out of power (the indicator isn’t too precise).

@r_engels wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Clip 1 GB and I updated today to v01.01.32A firmware hoping to solve a poblem I have had all along with my Clip stopping at around 49 minutes during voice recording. It just shuts off.

1. Модель устройства Sansa - Sansa sandisc 2 gb
  2. Версия микропрограммы устройства - V01.01.35F
  3. Операционная система на компьютере с установленной программой Sansa
    Updater - Windows 7
  4. Описание проблемы - After installing today’s update in menu has
    dissappeared option - “Volume - Normal/High”,  so now all the music is
    very quietly and I can’t hear anything!! So I want to install previous
    version of player!! What should I do?

Also, recently I mentioned, that playlists created in WMP 11 are not recognised in player, so I have to choose Music-Albums, but I’d like to choose Music-Playlists instead. 

You can simply Reset All from the Clip’s Settings, and then choose U.S. or Worldwide for the region–that will bring the volume setting option back.

Or, reapply the firmware (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum) and choose U.S. or Worldwide for the region–same effect.

Otherwise, earlier firmware versions can be found here:  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22669.

Miikerman, thanks a lot!  What about playlists?

Message Edited by reborn on 03-19-2010 07:38 PM