Sansa Clip external speakers

Are there any external speaker systems available for the Clip?

I don’t think there are any speakers built specifically for the Clip. But any speaker system that has a cable that can plug into the Clip’s headphone jack should work. Standalone speakers (not played through a computer or car stereo system for example) must be “powered”. Portable powered speakers generally run off alkaline or rechargable batteries.

You can listen through your computer speakers by getting an auxillary cable with 1/8-inch stereo mini plugs on both ends (less than US$10 at any electronics store), plug one end into your computer’s line-in jack and the other end into the Clip’s headphone jack. My car’s stereo has an auxillary jack built right into it. I like to use the same cable to plug my Clip into the stereo’s auxillary input and listen while I’m driving.

The possibilities are endless. I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding a solution for wherever you want to listen.

While my daughters play Warcraft on the computer, they’ve often plugged their Clips into the amplified speaker jack- they work great.

The Altec Lansing inMotion made for the e200 has a 3.5mm auxiliary In jack that works well too.

There are lots of options out there!  Even little portable stereo speaker units with their own built-in amplifier. Anything with a 3.5mm stereo input works well.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

You can also get a cable – 3.5mm male stereo to a pair of RCA male plugs – and plug your Clip into some boom boxes with a RCA LINE IN (it works great with my old Panasonic), all stereos (use any open LINE IN RCA jacks but NOT phono), TV, VCR, etc.  In fact my car stereo has RCA jacks on the back so I installed a permanent cable for my Clip and other audio devices when I put in the aftermarket car stereo.