Sansa Clip downloading

I have just received a Sansa clip 2gb.  Is it possible to download my songs that I have on my Ipod to the Sansa.  If so, how do I do it?

If you go to iTunes, you can set it to export the songs in MP3 format.  Do that and then transfer them to your Clip (good old drag-and-drop is just fine for the Clip; or copy-and-past). 

Can go to iTunes, but don’t know how to set it up for export in MP3 format.  And then how do I copy or paste to Clip 3.  I’m not very technologically up to date.  The original songs on my IPod were put there by someone else.  Would appreciate more step by step instructions.

Thank you.

Am not an iTunes guy here, so others likely will know better.  Here is what the iTunes Help file on exporting says, in part (and for some reason, I don’t seem to have the referenced Importing button in my older copy of iTunes–maybe you will have better luck): 

To convert a song’s file format:

Step 1

Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, and then click Importing.

Step 2

In the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the format you want to convert the song to, and then click OK to save the settings.

Step 3

Right-click a song and choose “Convert Selection to.”

The song in its original format and the newly converted song appear in your library.

The iTunes Help screen also notes:   

When converting from a compressed to uncompressed file format (for example, from MP3 to AIFF), you shouldn’t notice any reduction in sound quality. However, when converting between compressed formats (for example, MP3 and AAC), you may notice a reduction in the sound quality. For the best results, if you want your music encoded in a different file format, import the music again from the original source using the new encoding format.

This likely would apply to your iPod tunes:  if going from a compressed music format to MP3 format, also compressed, you will lose data and sound quality.  Always best to only compress music once.  If you can go back to the original CDs and then rip into MP3 format, that would result in better sound quality for you.

Copy and pasting is easy:  go to the folder holding the music you want to copy and paste; highlight the songs you want to copy and paste (note that you can copy entire folders, and even entire drives) (to highlight a file, click on it (do not double-click); for more than one file/folder, press the ctrl button while you click the other files/folders, or hold the shift key and then press the up or down cursor key); right click and select copy (or simply press the ctrl key and the c key at the same time); go to where you want to paste the files (likely, the Music folder on your Clip); and then right click there and choose paste (or simply press the ctrl key and the v key at the same time).

I hope that at least some of this helps–   :wink:

I will try.  Thank you for your response.

Sylvia