Sansa Clip Diving Test!!

The operative phrase of the day?

“Crisis is the mother of invention!”

My daughter just handed me a squeaky clean Clip.  I have found out how to get rid of the wee specks of dust behind the display window of the Clip, at least: it got plooped into the wash.

Yes!  The dust behind the display window is free of those specks.  Now for a test.  No time to be a wimp, before it dries out.  First, a bath in deionized water, followed a careful drying out.

Let’s see how she fares, Sansa fans…

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-08-2008 01:55 PM

Good luck, Bob.

:smiley:

Update.  Broke out the labware, and immersed for a few baths in deionized water.  Followed with a purge with 2-Propanol and a run in the centrifuge.  (Not too fast)

Hehehe!

It’s drying in the dehydrating chamber now, at about 100 degrees.  The last purge displaced the water from the device.

FrankenSansa will live on!

Don’t try this at home kiddies!  Professional mad scientist at work.

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-09-2008 08:16 AM

Bob, you are indeed a " mad scientist".

Message Edited by Tweet on 06-09-2008 08:42 AM

FrankenSansa lives!

These devices are tough little guys.  Remember that water damage isn’t something you can cover under warranty.  At least, a soaked Sansa isn’t too expensive to replace, should the unfortunate happen to you!  Always be sure to let the device dry completely before trying to power it up.  With a lab, you can accelerate the process.  Muahahahahaha!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-09-2008 10:08 PM