Sansa Clip broken?

I could use some help…I was working out and had my Sansa Clip next to my water bottle for about 20 minutes, and now the Clip won’t turn on.  I was listening to music and it stopped right in the middle of a song.  The “wheel” was all lit up with blue backlight, and I had to hold the power switch just to get it to shut off.  My computer also won’t recognize it as a Sansa anymore when I plug it into the USB port.  Now, no button or switch on the Sansa will cause any type of response.

Help!   Will Sansa fix this for me if I send it to them?  Thanks.

Did you try a system reset?  Hold the on switch uppermost for 15-30 seconds.

Thanks! I tried that (holding the switch in the top position) for about 1 minute, the unit never turned on.  Any idea why the touch-wheel would have glowed all blue yesterday?   I had to hold the switch just to get it to shut off, and nothing since.

iodeac wrote:
Thanks! I tried that (holding the switch in the top position) for about 1 minute, the unit never turned on.  Any idea why the touch-wheel would have glowed all blue yesterday?   I had to hold the switch just to get it to shut off, and nothing since.

Holding the power switch up for a minute won’t turn it on. That performs a reset. After you do this, then release the slider and push it up again momentarily as you normally would to turn it on. If it’s not dead, it should start up normally.

iodeac wrote:
Any idea why the touch-wheel would have glowed all blue yesterday?  

Having had 2 separate computer hard drive software utility programs freeze on me yesterday, requiring me to reboot my computer and then re-install my computer hard drive back-up, I can’t even begin to fathom why these things do the things they do …