Sansa Clip 4GB

How can I permanently delete the introduction to my Sansa Clip?  It comes on everytime I plug it into the USB port in my automobile.

Thanks,

Dianne

What introduction do you mean?  The opening Sansa and flower screens (in which case you can’t, although you could switch to the alternate Rockbox firmware, available through rockbox.org)?

Hi Guru, tried your rockbox.org and got a virus threat.  So I deleted it from my computer.   I guess I’m stuck with the intro.  Thanks.

Some crappy antivirus software flags QT (a cross platform library for graphics on computers and phones) based applications as a virus.  Kaspersky seems particularly bad at this.  If you’re using one of those products, you can just ignore the warning, or better yet try out smarter AV software.

@dleahudson wrote:

I guess I’m stuck with the intro. 

Millions of others are too. It’s no big deal.

@saratoga wrote:

Some crappy antivirus software flags QT (a cross platform library for graphics on computers and phones) based applications as a virus.  Kaspersky seems particularly bad at this.  If you’re using one of those products, you can just ignore the warning, or better yet try out smarter AV software.

So…are you implying that Kaspersky is crappy?  :wink:

I was considering switching from Norton, once my subscription is about to run out,  to Kaspersky.  It’s rated number 2 in this review for 2011.

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I have no idea how good they are at actually finding viruses, I just know that they continually flag lots of QT stuff as being malware.  

Personally, I think almost all AV software is ■■■■.  I mostly just use it when someone sends me a file that I have reason not to trust.

Yes, they do have a reputation for that although it looks like they have improved greatly on lowering the amount of false positives that occur. 

I guess false positives can happen with any security software.  Norton has given me a couple of false positives in the past.  One happened on a download of an app from CNET which I know didn’t contain any malware and CNET later confirmed that the app was free of any malware.

I think the original post is like saying “I want to run a computer without booting it up first”.  We’re stuck with it running through the initialization phase.  However, from my experience the newer Clip+ “boots up” twice as fast as the old Clip - a noticeable difference.  Makes me wonder what the old Clip is doing that takes so long!

@kmk_01kmk wrote:

I think the original post is like saying “I want to run a computer without booting it up first”.  We’re stuck with it running through the initialization phase.  However, from my experience the newer Clip+ “boots up” twice as fast as the old Clip - a noticeable difference.  Makes me wonder what the old Clip is doing that takes so long!

Good analogy . . . I believe the Clip+ has a faster processor in it that would explain why it ‘boots up’ faster than the original.