Sansa Clip + 4GB

I was able to re-establish language preference.  I have download recent firmware.  Not able to Factory Reset.  Choose Yes and goes to Language etc. no matter how many times I choose Yes.

I have two audio books available on the clip but when attempting download of 3 rd  audio book via Windows Media player it says it is allready on the clip.  Usage GB appears to support this assertion but cannot find it and therefore would like to Factory Reset and then reload the audio books.  

Cannot Factory Reset. 

Should have put the additional info in Subject.

Refer back to original post or briefly - Unable to factory reset no matter how many times I attempt - just goes to next selection.

Can only find two of three audio books loaded on unit,  Usage GB confirms that 3 are loaded but cannot find .

apologies for the double post of problem.  

@plympton wrote:

I was able to re-establish language preference.  I have download recent firmware.   Not able to Factory Reset.  Choose Yes and goes to Language etc. no matter how many times I choose Yes.

I have two audio books available on the clip but when attempting download of 3 rd  audio book via Windows Media player it says it is allready on the clip.  Usage GB appears to support this assertion but cannot find it and therefore would like to Factory Reset and then reload the audio books.  

Cannot Factory Reset. 

That’s what Factory Reset does. It will not ‘format’ the player. For that you go into Settings > System Settings > Format. This will erase everything so you can start over.

Note that the 3rd audiobook you’re speaking of may not be showing up do to its ID3 tags being wacky or the wrong format. Before you go through formatting, try looking to see if you have any ‘Unknown’ entries in your Artist list. That may be it. Also scroll down to the bottom (or up one) on the Music menu to Folders. Look in there and see if it’s hidiing.

Tapeworm:  Thank you for bringing that clarity to my problems.  I found my third audio book as you suggested lurking in a folder in Music.  

I was becoming very frustrated and before joining and reading problems/solutions in the Forum I came close to purchasing a reconditioned one from Tiger.  With the suggestions found I was able to re-establish English as my language and now you have guided me to the correct solution to Format  (if I choose) and begin again.  

These tiny units have so many more features than I ever realized.  Need it for garden season - helps keep you going while doing the mindless jobs.

Now, if only I could use it with my iMac with ease and then I could get rid of old clunky, slow  Windows XP unit.

Thank you again Tapeworm for your assistance.

@plympton wrote:

Now, if only I could use it with my iMac with ease and then I could get rid of old clunky, slow Windows XP unit.

You may find this of interest then. It’s a primer on how to coax the pod and non-pod into peaceful co-existance and blissful harmony. :stuck_out_tongue: