Sansa CLIP+ 2GB WONT START - battery out?

ive had laying around non utilized for few months, i just pressed the power button once, saw the screen for 4 seconds and “Shutting Down”

sansa clip+ 2gb

2gb sd card

ive tried

• reset button at the back of the player

• holding down power button for 30 seconds/1 minute, holding down power button and release and press again

• holding down power + combination of buttons (home/volume up)

• its no the computer, its not the os, its not the cable

and to ask, whats the official charging way for sansa clip, is it usb cable?

Not sure I follow, but yes?  Using the USB cable, plug the player into your computer or a USB AC adapter, and leave it to charge.  If the battery has gotten very low, you may need 1-2 days, to “trickle charge” the player.

If using a computer to charge, make sure that the computer USB port is “on” during the period of the charge (some computer ports will turn off when the computer goes to sleep, for example).

Couple of thoughts:

–  If you haven’t done so, try connecting to your computer with the Clip in hold and connecting the USB cable while you hold the Clip’s center button down; that sometimes seems to work.  Then leave it to charge for 4+ hours and see if that helps.

–  Try recharging using AC power, or leave the Clip connected to an on computer for 4+ hours; the charging might kick in.  Try using a “principle” USB port/try different ports on the computer.

If worse comes to worse, contact SanDisk; I beleive that the Clip still has been out for under a year, and so warranty proof shouldn’t be an issue.

Good luck–wish I could tell you more–

Clip+ has been out for over 2 years, now . . . my how time flies!    :wink:

But, SanDisk Custoemr Service doesn’t always ask for a receipt, seemingly. 

Clip+ has been out for over 2 years, now . . . my, how time flies!   

But, SanDisk Customer Service doesn’t always ask for a receipt, seemingly.

• is there a HOLD button on Clip?

• AC adapter sold seperately?

@d3vlabs wrote:

• is there a HOLD button on Clip?

Clip (original) - Yes (power slider switch pushed down instead of up)

Clip+ - No

• AC adapter sold seperately?

AC-USB chargers (like for cell phones) are sold from a variety of manufactuers.

But you can lock the player by pressing and holding the small home button. 

But you can lock the Clip+ by pressing and holding the small home button.

But you can lock the Clip+ by pressing and holding the small home button.  And unlock it through the same.

Hi,

Try a reset. Hold the power switch in the powerdown position for about 15 seconds. It should do a reset. :smiley: