Sansa Clip 2GB under Linux: Did not recharge to 100%

Hi,

After upgrading it with new firmware and switch to MSC, it works fine under Ubuntu Gusty

But after waiting more than 3 hours, it did not recharge to 100%.

I m using a Dell Vostro 1500, i did know if it can be the pb but i doubt because i reload many usb device with it.

Anyone have the same problem ? Or know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance. 

Did it charge to 99%?

Hard to say with the progress bar but around 80%

Are you use you’re using a USB 2.0 port? A USB 1.1 port won’t provide enough power to charge it fully.

When I look at the messages of the system i can see:

[1639.356998] scsi 4:0:0:0: Direct-Access     USB2.0   (FS) FLASH DISK  1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS

So i think it’s USB2.0 but i will try this evening on another computer to be sure. 

I’m using Ubuntu (gutsy) also, & my Clip takes about 3 1/2 hrs to charge from empty. Perfectly normal… I’m sure yours is fine, just give it that extra time & it should fully charge.

@arrouan wrote:

Hi,

After upgrading it with new firmware and switch to MSC, it works fine under Ubuntu Gusty

But after waiting more than 3 hours, it did not recharge to 100%.

I m using a Dell Vostro 1500, i did know if it can be the pb but i doubt because i reload many usb device with it.

Anyone have the same problem ? Or know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Sasafrass452 on 03-24-2008 10:29 AM

Mine charges fully under Linux too, but I never really paid attention to how long.  It takes ages on my XP machine at work though, so I’m used to waiting.

Ok thank you everyone

I will try to wait a little bit more next time