Sansa CLIP 2.01.16

Sansa CLIP BH0811BIFK-4GB 2.01.16

Hi!

I may have broken this sansa clip to no recovery.  

I’ve checked the forums but haven’t found an answer here.  If I missed it please let me know, but I don’t believe that to be the case.

~~

When attempting to turn the device ON the common message of 

“Not enough space for Musis DB.  Please free 30 mb.”  appears.

~~

Now, I tried downloading the 2.01.35, 16.0 MB update, but this message pops up on the computer screen:

“There is not enough space available device perform firmware update.  The minimum space required 16.0 MB.  Please free some space on your device, and try again.”

What to do now ?

Thanks for the help!

Phat

Try this, and see if it helps.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20message/r_id/101834

Hey,

Well, now it won’t turn on.  :slight_smile:

I tried doing the MSC mode.  And did the Check disk options on the  Removable Disk (F:), because ‘Sansa’ didn’t show up.

Black screen now.  Even when attempting to force it into MSC mode.

Ideas?

This has happened before and it turned on a couple months later.  So you may not be hearing from me for a while. 

Thanks for the help,

Phat

phandt84 wrote:

Well, now it won’t turn on.  :slight_smile:

Black screen now.  Even when attempting to force it into MSC mode.

Ideas?

Try resetting it by slidiing the power switch up and holding it for 20 secs. Once you hold it up for the extended time, release and then see if it will start up normally. If that doesn’t work, try it up to 30 secs.

Then I would format it as suggested in the Knowledge Base article linked to if the ChkDsk procedure doesn’t work.

Cool, the reset trick worked.

A bit more detail:

-No Sansa in the address bar, only Removable Disk  ( F: )

-Can’t delete files on PC

“Then I would format it as suggested in the Knowledge Base article linked to if the ChkDsk procedure doesn’t work.”

(Links please)  Did a google and forum search.  Knowledge Base??

The link in the second post. You’ll notice the address starts with “kb”, which is short for Knowledge Base.

The SanDisk KnowledgeBase is where the above link took you.  At the end, there is a link to a separate article on how to format the Clip from your computer, if the chkdsk doesn’t work.  Here’s the link to that article.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/107

Note:  if you format from your computer, format as FAT32.

Even easier, if your Clip will start and run, is to format under the Clip’s system options.

I hope that an easy format wil do the trick for you!  Keep us advised.

Hey guys…!

I’m back with great news… And that is to say the last posts advice worked!!!

Note:   When I Formated it Under Storage , Disk Management on the left pane, ( F: ) showed up rather than ‘Sansa.’

“Keep us advised”

Thanks, It’s been a pleasure working with ya’ll.  I’m really grateful to see such a helpful community online.  You don’t know how ecstatic I was to see that I would have an mp3 player again.   I’m gonna get emotional on you all…

My health hasn’t been so good for the past few years and this Sansa was one of my only buddies.  It’s great to know that I’ll have her back after many months of not hearing from her.  :)  I missed all the informative audiobooks, podcasts, and of course music I used to benefit from. Needless to say I’m stoked she’s back in my life and that we’re back together again.  :smiley:

Thanks again to you all for all your suggestions!

P.S. Is there any way I can get my computer to show Sansa in the address bar (plugged in)?  Maybe it’s time for an update.  Again, I’ll keep you updated.

phandt84 wrote:

Hey guys…!

I’m gonna get emotional on you all…

. . . and this Sansa was one of my only buddies.  It’s great to know that I’ll have her back after many months of not hearing from her.  :)  I missed all the informative audiobooks, podcasts, and of course music I used to benefit from. Needless to say I’m stoked she’s back in my life and that we’re back together again.  :smiley:

_ Whoa!!! _

I think this comes under the heading of

Let’s keep our private lives private, shall we? :stuck_out_tongue:

phandt84 wrote:

Hey guys…!

I’m gonna get emotional on you all…

. . . and this Sansa was one of my only buddies.  It’s great to know that I’ll have her back after many months of not hearing from her.  :smiley:  I missed all the informative audiobooks, podcasts, and of course music I used to benefit from. Needless to say I’m stoked she’s back in my life and that we’re back together again.  :smiley:

_ Whoa!!! _

I think this comes under the heading of

Let’s keep our private lives private, shall we? Not sure I want to hear about any more updates.

phandt84 wrote:

P.S. Is there any way I can get my computer to show Sansa in the address bar (plugged in)?  Maybe it’s time for an update.  Again, I’ll keep you updated.

Great to hear that you’re up and running again!  I know how you feel–having a device back can be great, especially when it’s something like the Clip that can bring lots of enjoyment from books and music.  I just added a 16GB microSD card to my Clip+ and am just amazed at the options that this gives me at any moment.

As to your inquiry, I guess I’m a bit confused and am not quite sure what’s being asked.  Showing Sansa in the address bar?  Do you mean, showing the Sansa Clip name and emblem in Windows Explorer rather than just showing the drive letter for the device?  I think that Windows 7 will do that, and Windows generally does it when you’re connected under MTP USB mode; for MSC mode in earlier Windows versions, you can add an autorun file and icon onto your Clip, for the same effect (basically, when you conneect your Clip to the computer, the autorun file runs automatically and displays the Clip emblem).  I may be a bit off here, though–I’m doing this from memory (I’m sure others will correct me!).