Things to add
- Different time modes (Elapsed, remaining, etc.)
- Fix metatag info. (I’ve noticed some errors with this, for example, I can change an artist’s name to all lower caps in the file’s metatag IDs, and it will still show up in upper caps on the player for some strange reason).
- Faster scrolling without the initial delay and blurriness of the words while scrolling.
- Allow alot more steps for desired volume level.
- Make the Fast forward and Rewind smoother. Also make them faster over a period of time as the button is held. Get rid of the initial delay too, because you can’t tell if the button is working or not for the first few milliseconds. This can also make you mess up and restart the track and make you miss the place that you were in.
- USB options.
- A contrast level control, because certain colors are hard to see, such as the light green battery indicator level.
Things to get rid of
When turning on the player, the volume goes back to a high level even if the volume was previously lowered.
- Initial delays while holding buttons (As previously mentioned above).
- Turn off screen after a few seconds while charging, because this draws more battery life.
Alot of these features that I’m requesting come from the features that are on the latest firmware of my also owned 2GB Sansa Clip. If the Sansa c250 had these firmware features, it would be almost unstoppable. Right now, the firmware is buggy and it just sux. It just makes the c250 VERY unpleasant to use.
I noticed that the Sansa team is focusing more on the Sansa clip than the rest of the Sansa mp3 player models, so I don’t know if they are even going to pay attention to this or not. I do notice that they DO listen to the customers on the Sansa Clip forum and they actually put some of the requested features on the Sansa Clip for them too. Hopefully they will do this for the c250 as well.
When you have a player at this price range that holds 2GB worth of music, has a color screen, views pictures and slide shows (Even though the resolution is low), has a microSD slot (What a BIG plus), nothing else in it’s price range comes close. That is why I think someone should take these firmware features into consideration and do something about the issues.