SanDiskSecureAcessV2 crashes when adding a file.

So, my SanDisk USB 3.0 64GB crashes on my first day of using it. After loading 170 MB, it crashes on trying to add a simple txt, PDF, or doc file.

The program is SanDiskSecureAcessV2_win.exe, which comes on the USB drive. The program is"powered by EncryptStick," so it may be EncryptStick with a SanDisk name.

The error message is:

“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”

I would appreciate a solution to this problem. Or perhaps someone can recommend a different program I can use. I’m willing to wipe out all data on the disk and start with a program that actually works.

– Phil T

do you ahve any of the following characters in any file name which you are adding to the application? if so rename the file to remove thesse characters and teh error should stop. 

/ \ : * ? " < > |

Um, no, I saw that reply to another thread.

Like I say, I tried copying in lots of folders and files.

I can, however, create a new folder using Edit, New Folder.

I also tried on two different computers. Same result.

are the folders you are copying stored locally on the computer or are they on a network share or intranet?

I tried two sources, one on the local computer, another from an external drive connected to the local computer by USB.

Both fail.

However, the first 170 MB that was successful came from the local computer. After that, I tried the external drive and that failed. Then I tried the local drive again, and it failed. Then I tried the local drive on another computer, and it failed.

Is it the same folder full of the same data on both the internal and external drives? You mention that the first 170MB transferred. Can you break the data into smaller chunks and see if you can determine what file is triggering the error?

Um, as I said, I tried copying new folders and (single) files of various types. I tried copying to the “root” directory and into new folders that I added outside of the 170MB folder. They all fail.

The first failure was from the external USB drive, but seems odd that it would cause a local failure after that. That external drive is USB 3.0 also, but the ports on my computers are USB 2.0.

I even did a drive check, you know, for bad sectors or bad directory, and that checked out as OK.

So . . . those of you who are reading this thread may be wondering if a solution has been presented or is at hand.

The answer is NO.

You may draw your own conclusions from that.