I bought a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 1TB and connected it to a Windows 10 Laptop. I could copy and store files ok on it.
The problems are with the SanDiskSecureAccess software:
1. Software automatically, and without prompting me, connects to WiFi networks (even when I’m not connected to WiFi) and checks for update. That’s Crazy!
2. After the update, the software does not allow you to setup the password to the Vault (to encrypt files). The “OK” button is always grayed out and you can’t click on it. That means you can’t setup the Vault.
3. If you don’t click “Cancel” and delete the password, the software assigns arbitrary password and will lock you out of the vault.
4. Most of the time, I’m not connected to the Internet and I certainly don’t want to move encrypted files while connected to Internet. Requiring an Internet connection every time I want to launch the encryption software is ridiculous as I want to use it when I’m NOT connected to the Internet.
5. SanDisk really needs to address the above flaws in the software. These are not bugs but major problems. SanDisk: Please let me know when the above are problems are fixed.