SANDISK STUCK SAYING WRITING

AFTER COVERTING THREE CD’S OF A BOOK ON TO MP3 FORMAT UTILIZING AVS AUDIO GRABBER I DISCONNECTED MY FUZE AND NOW IT IS LOCKED UP SAYING "WRITING". MY COMPUTER NO LONGER RECOGNIZES THE FUZE

Try a reset. Hold the power switch in the powerdown position for about 15 seconds. It should do a reset.

Message Edited by narf on 03-14-2009 05:02 PM

I was somewhat confused by:

@narf wrote:

Try a reset. Hold the power switch in the powerdown position for about 15 seconds. It should do a reset.

Message Edited by narf on 03-14-2009 05:02 PM

I would say hold the power switch in the ‘up’ position for 15-20 seconds.  Just struck me strange.

Well it’s already on, so you are powering down. Makes sense.

TRIED A RESET, NO CHANGE

How long did you hold the power switch in the UP position? If you hold it long enough it should power down. But if it is stuck in ‘Writing’ mode that may not be the best for it.

Try plugging it back in to your computer. The Fuze may still think it’s connected (even thought it’s not). Then click on the icon in the System tray (lower right-hand corner of computer screen). You may have to click on the < button to show the icon. Select Safely Remove Hardware. With any luck, your player’s screen will change form ‘Writing’ to ‘Disconnected’. Now you can safely pull the plug and see if it refreshes your media and starts back up normally.

Oh, and please do us a favor & turn off your CAPS lock.

Thanks. :wink:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 03-14-2009 05:51 PM

That did it. Thank you. I KEEP MY CAP LOCK ON  BECAUSE I HAVE MS WHICH LIMITS MY USE OF MY HANDSAND MY VISION

SWEET!!! GLAD TO HEAR YOU’RE BACK IN BUSINESS.

OK, YOU ARE EXCUSED FROM THE CAPS LOCK THING. :wink:

Sweet! Glad to hear you’re back in business!

OK, YOU ARE EXCUSED FROM THE CAPS LOCK THING.

But no one else! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks a lot  it worked for me