Sandisk Sansa Fuze wont connect

I recently boght a sandisk sansafuze hoping that it could connect  to my vuzix 320xl eyewear so i could watch some vids on it but it doesnt connect to the sansa fuze the wire plugs into the charging an usb port perfectly but the video screen on the glasses dont show any of the videos i play. anyone have any ideas on what i can do to or what i have to do to get it to work.

vuzix 320xl eyewear; for those who dont know these are video glasses they’re suppose to connect to any mp4 device that have av/composite slot like the ipod and the sansa fuze has one and it fits perfectly. so if you could help i would be really greatfull.

While the port on the Fuze “looks” like the one on the iPod, the pins inside are wired completely different.

ok still i bought a sandisk sansa av/cable on amazon i dont get why that doesnt work

Because that’s designed for the View, not the Fuze. Different hardware, processor, firmware, etc.

There was a thread some time ago (a couple years maybe) about using/converting this to work with the Fuze or other Sansa players in order to view a video on the player through a TV. I don’t remember that anything was ever figured out or resolved, but you might search around for it.

dang then i got ripped off by amazon they said it was for the fuze man that suxs. anyway thanks for the help

Can you provide a link to the cable you bought? When searching Amazon for Sansa AV Cables all results seem to be advertised as being for the View.

i bought the cable from a company that used amazons checkout thing so it wouldnt on the site if u look up sandisk sansa fuze av cable retractable it should be the first one that shows up on google. but anyway doesnt matter anymore found a way to do without the cable. but thanks for the help sorry if i cause ya any trouble 

I did a Google search using your criteria and the 1st one that came up was from celluarfactory.com. If this is the one, the ‘Headline’ description does indeed say:

SANDISK Sansa Fuze Retractable TV Out AV Composite Cable

However if you read further down you’ll see:

Product Summary

No hassle or messy tangles with the retractable design. Expands the uses and furthers the enjoyment of your new SanDisk Sansa View by connecting your Sansa to your home stereo / TV.

You can also hook the SanDisk Sansa View AV cable to your Stereo or Powered Speakers for a room-filling audio experience.

The SanDisk Sansa View AV Cable connects to the bottom dock port of the SanDisk Sansa View.

The SanDisk Sansa View AV Cable provides composite video and audio output for viewing photo slideshows with music on a TV.

This cable is made specifically for the SanDisk Sansa View (other AV cables are not compatible with the View).

Funnier still is that just below this is:

Compatible SANDISK Models

• SANDISK Sansa c100
  • SANDISK Sansa c150
  • SANDISK Sansa c240
  • SANDISK Sansa c250
  • SANDISK Sansa Clip
  • SANDISK Sansa Connect
  • SANDISK Sansa e100
  • SANDISK Sansa e200
  • SANDISK Sansa e250
  • SANDISK Sansa e260
  • SANDISK Sansa e270
  • SANDISK Sansa e280
  • SANDISK Sansa Express
  • SANDISK Sansa Fuze
  • SANDISK Sansa m200
  • SANDISK Sansa m250
  • SANDISK Sansa m260
  • SANDISK Sansa Shaker
  • SANDISK Sansa View
  • Yes, the Fuze is listed in there, but so are every other mp3 player SanDisk has ever made (except the newest Clip+ and Fuze+). Many of these “compatible models” don’t even feature a video screen, so what good would a video cable be?

Maybe you can return it. I don’t want to say they are trying to ‘dupe’ anybody; it’s probably just a typo. But it does reinforce the fact that one should read everything (including any fine print) and make sure the product is going to fit one’s needs before blindly giving up one’s credit card number.

I did a Google search using your criteria and the 1st one that came up was from celluarfactory.com. If this is the one, the ‘Headline’ description does indeed say:

SANDISK Sansa Fuze Retractable TV Out AV Composite Cable

However, if you read further down you’ll see:

Product Summary

No hassle or messy tangles with the retractable design. Expands the uses and furthers the enjoyment of your new SanDisk Sansa View by connecting your Sansa to your home stereo / TV.

You can also hook the SanDisk Sansa View AV cable to your Stereo or Powered Speakers for a room-filling audio experience.

The SanDisk Sansa View AV Cable connects to the bottom dock port of the SanDisk Sansa View.

The SanDisk Sansa View AV Cable provides composite video and audio output for viewing photo slideshows with music on a TV.

This cable is made specifically for the SanDisk Sansa View (other AV cables are not compatible with the View).

Funnier still is that just below this is:

Compatible SANDISK Models

• SANDISK Sansa c100
  • SANDISK Sansa c150
  • SANDISK Sansa c240
  • SANDISK Sansa c250
  • SANDISK Sansa Clip
  • SANDISK Sansa Connect
  • SANDISK Sansa e100
  • SANDISK Sansa e200
  • SANDISK Sansa e250
  • SANDISK Sansa e260
  • SANDISK Sansa e270
  • SANDISK Sansa e280
  • SANDISK Sansa Express
  • SANDISK Sansa Fuze
  • SANDISK Sansa m200
  • SANDISK Sansa m250
  • SANDISK Sansa m260
  • SANDISK Sansa Shaker
  • SANDISK Sansa View
  • Yes, the Fuze is listed in there, but so is every other mp3 player SanDisk has ever made (except the newest Clip+ and Fuze+). Many of these “compatible models” don’t even feature a video screen, so what good would a video cable be?

Maybe you can return it. I don’t want to say they are trying to ‘dupe’ anybody; it’s probably just a typo. But it does reinforce the fact that one should read everything (including any fine print) and make sure the product is going to fit one’s needs before blindly giving up one’s credit card number.