Sandisk extreme SSD 4tb 2000mbps

Yesterdst I have bought a Sandisk new external SSD 4tb with 2000mbps speed. It is really fast when using it in my microsoft surface 7 as well as on my other laptop. However when i try to connect either to my samsung ultra s21 as well as my LG49inches smart TV, it keeps connecting and disconnecting every fraction of a second.

PS: I have checked the format it is already in exFAT.

Can someone please help me to get this sorted.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @cpspraveen,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Have you opened a Support Case? If not please click here and open a new support case to assist in the best possible way.

Likely your tv doesn’t have a strong enough usb port to power a high performance drive.

Perhaps a powered usb hub may fix it.

#SanDiskUserRewards

I am Will from SanDisk® Global Support Team. The speed of a SSD depends upon various factors. The interface used to connect the SSD to the computer may limit the speed of the card as well. However, in order to isolate the possibilities of the issue that you are facing we may have to perform a speed test on your SSD to check if it is performing within the expected specifications. SanDisk® stands behind its commitment to quality and warranty on its products. We will also check if your SSD is eligible for a possible replacement. I would suggest you to please contact SanDisk® support at 1-866-SANDISK and we will isolate the issue and will assist you towards a resolution.

In January, I purchased the Sandisk Extreme with 2 TB of storage, not the Pro version. Unfortunately, I have been experiencing constant Error Code -36 messages and the speed is frustratingly slow. I even lost some files, but thankfully, I contacted EaseUS and they assisted me in recovering my folders. This experience taught me the importance of having a backup on a device from a different brand. SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage