SanDisk Cruzer

SanDisk Cruzer its a USB flash drive for saving data on it…But i dont know how to put programs on it from my computer to the USB flash drive…I tired so much but failed…If anybody can help fast and quick i will be very great full because my dad is about too clean out my Hard disk drive and remove all programs from my computer so i hav to quickly save it to my Flash drive before everyting is removed.

Programs? Probably not, but files certainly. Just drag & drop in Windows Explorer (or My Computer).

I have to wonder though, how you have a flash drive, but don’t know how to use it?!?

Programs? It depends on their size of course, but files certainly. Just drag & drop in Windows Explorer (or My Computer).

I have to wonder though, how you have a flash drive, but don’t know how to use it?!?

you can not move an application that is installed on your harddrive. you can backup the data stored in that application but you can not move it. you will have to reinstall the application once you have the new harddrive.

what the fuks your problem??just cuz i have a flash drive doesnt mean i should know how to use it…i dont even think you know what ur talking about…!!!

the file is only 500KB and i have a 4GB flash drive!..how the hell do you drag and drop a file in internet explorer…what the heck is wrong with you.

@drlucky wrote:
you can not move an application that is installed on your harddrive. you can backup the data stored in that application but you can not move it. you will have to reinstall the application once you have the new harder.

well I want to install the program in my flash drive…Anyway I can do that.

@need99help wrote:

what the fuks your problem??just cuz i have a flash drive doesnt mean i should know how to use it…i dont even think you know what ur talking about…!!!

the file is only 500KB and i have a 4GB flash drive!..how the hell do you drag and drop a file in internet explorer…what the heck is wrong with you.

Here is lies the problem, and why tapeowrm was forced to answer your question the way he did. You didnt include any details in your post. Nobody here knows what you are doing unless you put details in your post. You want to put a program on your flash great! It can be done. All you have to do is find the file on your pc and copy and paste it on the flash. IF your have a file in internet explorer then all you should need is the URL (The website). Now If you want to plug your flash into your computer and use it like a hard drive and install a program on there you can do that too but I would not recomend you run the program off of it cause it wont be reliable. 

Also, dont come here and act like a punk and yell at people who tried to help you or you will get no help from anyone else. I ONLY helped you because you were new here, and we were all new once, and we all need to be taught the rules.

@need99help wrote:

Temper. temper. No need to git 'yer panties in a bunch!

I said Windows Explorer (sometimes referred to as My Computer), not Internet Explorer.

:smiley:

@Conversion wrote:

@need99help wrote:

what the fuks your problem??just cuz I have a flash drive doesn’t mean I should know how to use it…i don’t even think you know what ur talking about…!!!

the file is only 500KB and I have a 4GB flash drive!..how the hell do you drag and drop a file in internet explorer…what the heck is wrong with you.

Here is lies the problem, and why tapeowrm was forced to answer your question the way he did. You didnt include any details in your post. Nobody here knows what you are doing unless you put details in your post. You want to put a program on your flash great! It can be done. All you have to do is find the file on your pc and copy and paste it on the flash. IF your have a file in internet explorer then all you should need is the URL (The website). Now If you want to plug your flash into your computer and use it like a hard drive and install a program on there you can do that too but I would not recomend you run the program off of it cause it wont be reliable. 

Also, dont come here and act like a punk and yell at people who tried to help you or you will get no help from anyone else. I ONLY helped you because you were new here, and we were all new once, and we all need to be taught the rules.

Okay but there are many files for the program installed on my computer.Not just one file…what do i do now?..also why wont it be reliable??..and are you sure it wont just create a shortcut to the program…becuz i want to be able to use the program from my flash drive and not have it installed on my computer.

@need99help wrote:

Okay but there are many files for the program installed on my computer.Not just one file…what do i do now?..also why wont it be reliable??..and are you sure it wont just create a shortcut to the program…becuz i want to be able to use the program from my flash drive and not have it installed on my computer.

Hopefully all the related files would be located within the folder of the program itself. Then it would just be a matter of highlighting the main program folder and select Copy to Folder… from the Edit menu and designating your flash drive as the destination folder. If you’re using Windows XP, look in Windows Explorer under Program Files.

If it’s a program that spreads it’s files around in various locations, then it’s going to be a little tougher to find them.

Some programs will run independant of the home computer, but others won’t. In other words, there are programs that you can carry around on a flash drive and they will run no matter what computer you plug the drive into. Others require the resources and additional files located on the computer that the program was originally installed on.

I don’t know what program you are trying to save or whether it will run from your flash drive or not.

With file location what Tape said is completely correct, hopefully all the programs fles are in one folder which can be copy and pasted to the flash. The way flash drives work, is like a phone works, pulses of electrical current run to amd from the flash, if these currents are inturupted or go idle then you start to have issues. Now, it will go idle its just how it is. Thats why they tell you always to copy Documents or files you intend to edit to the computer. So what you need to do is copy the folderwith your game files back to the PC and reinstall from there. If you are running a program that does not require an installation , these are things like DOS based games or emulations of gaming consoles, then they can be run from the flash because all the files you need to run these get stored in the computers ram.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-24-2009 08:08 PM

okay just answer this… if the problem is NOT installed on my computer and is on my flash drive will it run?

hopfuly the answer is yes…because this is what i want…i dont want the program to relay on my hard disk drive to run program…

The answer is not yes, but It is not no. IT is MAYBE. Try it and see what happens. If it works Awesome, if not your gonna need to install it.

lets say its not working…how do i install the program on my flash drive?

Copy the files back to the computer, open it up and then find something that says setup or install, double click it and follow the instructions. If this came on a disk to begin with you should just use the disk to install, the same is true for downloads. If not then the files you need should be on the flash drive.

My drive is fine but im having a compatibility problem with an older computer. Its running Windows 98 and has 1 usb port. :smiley: The only was of transfering data to it and back is a floppy or a disk and neither hold a lot of information. I guessed it was the fact that the computer is so old and doesnt have updated drivers so I went into the properties of the drive and found (what I thought) were all the files that the drive was using as drivers. I put them on a disk and placed the files in corresponding locations on the older computer. I put the drive back into the older computer and it still didnt work.

So whether I did anything useful/right/wrong or not; is there a way to get this drive to cooperate with the 98 computer?

it this the cruzer that has the U3?  if so, you won’t be able to use it with windows 98 (even if you uninstall the U3) because the hardware is not compatible with W98