Sandisk Cruzer won't download to Windows 7

There is one other thing under Disk Drives besides SanDisk Cruzer USB Drive.  Sorry, I didn’t realize it could be related… It’s listed as ST9250410AS.  Any relation?  It’s driver is supposedly up to date.  It’s Greek to me.

Zoe

That’s the driver for your machine’s hard drive (DISK 0).

Do you still have access to an XP machine?  If so plug your U3 Cruzer into it and remove the U3 password assigned to it.  Then, Safely remove the Cruzer and try it in your Win 7 machine.  See if DISK 1 changes and more specifically see if DISK 2 appears.

Thanks so much for your time and trying to help, but I give up.  I put it in an XP machine and don’t find any U3 anything to remove or change.  Under Devices, I just get the same SanDisk USB Drive and the hard drive, just like on my machine.  It doesn’t work in either machine.  I think I just need another one!  Thank you.

Zoe

I think someone, at some point, removed U3 from your Cruzer. So you can still use the drive, just like any other USB drive, it just won’t have U3 on it. 

If the Cruzer had U3 on it originally you should be able to download U3 and reinstall it on the Cruzer, using the XP machine.  Then if you still want to use it on the Windows 7 machine remember to set it to run in Windows 7’s Vista Compatibility Mode.

Just checked on reinstalling U3, and it appears that I have a newer Cruzer and there is no U3.  There should be a U3 logo on the Cruzer if it has that software, and mine doesn’t.

Well that explains why nothing starts when you plug your Cruser in.  It’s new and thus it is probably fine to use as a normal storage device.

Yes, SanDisk sold the U3 concept to Microsoft and stopped making U3 drives the latter part of 2009.  So if your drive is new it has no U3.  :frowning: