SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

If the drive doesn’t work return it for a replacement, either the place where you bought it or to SanDisk.

Open command prompt window and execute these commands in this order:

1. diskpart
  2. list disk
  3. select disk # (# is the number assigned to the flash drive)
  4. clean
    After I type this it says…(Diskpart has encountered an error: The media is write protected. See the System event log for more information.)
  5. create partition primary
  6. select partition 1
  7. active
  8. format fs=ntfs quick

Exit after it’s done, remove the stick from USB and plug it again.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom,

1 Like

I would never recommend a journaling file system for a flash drive.  FAT or exFAT only.

I love this post. Thanks for starting it. I had the same issue but reading all the replies helped me a lot. I’m glad. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Free Accounts

If the disk says ‘write protected’ using Dos how can you do ’ clean’ or any other command.

Я использовал USB-накопитель, чтобы создать диск резервного копирования / восстановления для моего ноутбука.

Я не понимал, что ноутбук переформатирует диск в меньший размер.

Когда я закончил использовать его для восстановления, я попытался использовать для резервного копирования данных и найти меньший размер.

@lounvre wrote:

Check your sd card if it is a FAT32 format drive, then manage your disk management by going to Start menu, right click My Computer, click Manage and look for Disk Management. You can see there the drive of your SD card showing FAT32, right click the SD card drive and format (make sure you backup your files). Change FAT32 format to NTFS, thick quick format and wait when its done. That’s it, you now have a working SD card. Good luck!

I think the problem may be OS dependent. Try running the cruzer blade within XP. I found it to work when I did but when I went over to Win 7 and higher I had problems. I have this theory there may be a virus causing it.

@britany wrote:

@lounvre wrote:

Check your sd card if it is a FAT32 format drive, then manage your d audacity temp mail origin isk management by going to Start menu, right click My Computer, click Manage and look for Disk Management. You can see there the drive of your SD card showing FAT32, right click the SD card drive and format (make sure you backup your files). Change FAT32 format to NTFS, thick quick format and wait when its done. That’s it, you now have a working SD card. Good luck!

I think the problem may be OS dependent. Try running the cruzer blade within XP. I found it to work when I did but when I went over to Win 7 and higher I had problems. I have this theory there may be a virus causing it.

I wonder if there exists any XP systems any more?  That was an OS 20 yrs ago,  hasn’t been supported in over a decade, and the hardware it was on has to be all dead at this point.

Hotmail is free web administration offered by Microsoft. It has most noteworthy number of customers on account of its incredible quality. It give easy to understand interface and has highlights like visit, phone message and some more. It gives one stop answer for all needs of clients. Because of its best quality it is eminent to Internet. It offer propelled highlights which settle on it attractive decision for clients of utilizing email. It gives quicker and productive correspondence over web. visit the link to get full information on how to change Hotmail password.