SanDisk Clip Sport Firmware 1.17 released

When I recently downloaded the Sansa Updater, I only got v1.406 and the Sprot is still not recognized. Where did you get your version?

@a_don wrote:
Had Sansa Updater v1.405 on my desktop PC, it didn’t recognise the Clip Sport nor that there was a newer version of it available. Installed the latest, v1.407, and lo and behold my Clip Sport shows up and the 1.18 fiirmware is available. In my brief play since installing 1.18 I haven’t noticed any difference between it and 1.17

Where is the RDS?The previous version RDS was shown at several stations I listen.What happened? Oversight? Please fix it.

@baroldi wrote:

Where is the RDS?The previous version RDS was shown at several stations I listen.What happened? Oversight? Please fix it.

Reported to the f/w writers. It is being worked on. Hopefully a newer f/w update will be out soon that will fix it. :smiley:

Hello,

after installing sansa updater, my clip sport is identified, shows firmware version 1.09 in updater, but there is no option to download new firmware, only user manual. Am I missing something, or should I just go ahead with manual installation?

Be careful before updating new firmware. I think, it brings more bugs than features.

For example, I have to set up Language and Region again and again after start. Back button jumps into main menu, not just level up if you are somewhere deep in directories.

Old firmware was better for me. Is there any way how to flash it back?

I got it from a link in this page http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156

@mgkurilla wrote:

When I recently downloaded the Sansa Updater, I only got v1.406 and the Sprot is still not recognized. Where did you get your version?

@a_don wrote:
Had Sansa Updater v1.405 on my desktop PC, it didn’t recognise the Clip Sport nor that there was a newer version of it available. Installed the latest, v1.407, and lo and behold my Clip Sport shows up and the 1.18 fiirmware is available. In my brief play since installing 1.18 I haven’t noticed any difference between it and 1.17

About the back button:

Press back one time while lsitening to a song.

Then press left and right to move through directories (I mean rewind and FF).

I didn’t know this either when I posted here before.

The one thing I need know is the words that appear cut. Do something!

ok, maybe they pulled it back until new bugs are fixed… (hopefully).

One new feature I’m really looking for, is the lock function(if it will work reasonably that is) - it’s driving me nuts what clip sport does - it’s super sensitive, control interface is large and exposed, seems no matter where I put it it keeps doing things I don’t want it to do…

The new firmware indeed has a lock function.

@llib wrote:

ok, maybe they pulled it back until new bugs are fixed… (hopefully).

One new feature I’m really looking for, is the lock function(if it will work reasonably that is) - it’s driving me nuts what clip sport does - it’s super sensitive, control interface is large and exposed, seems no matter where I put it it keeps doing things I don’t want it to do…

The new firmware indeed has a lock function.

I purchased one of these things yesterday.  I upgraded to the 1.17 firmware.  I’ve been reading the forums, finding that other people are experiencing the same issues that I am having.  I find it appalling that a company with the technical depth of SanDisk can’t make a basic MP3 player that functions properly at the basic level of operation.  Shame on you, SanDisk.  You have no excuse for not getting these basic issues resolved in the next firmware release, and soon.

1 Like

Could you please provide a link to the original firmware? the 2000 limit is a killer

1.  Could you please edit your post to get rid of the many screens of just blank space?

2.  As far as I know, there was no earler released firmware–there’s no going back.

1.  Could you please edit your post to get rid of the many screens of just blank space?

2.  As far as I know, there was no earlier released firmware–there’s no going back.

hi,

1. dunno what happened, browser issue. thanks to the mod for editing it

2. that’s why I am asking Sandisk to provide (a link to) the original firmware, the 1.09 iirc; I could go from 1.18 to 1.17 so a downgrade is possible

thanks

Yep, people have asked before but SanDisk has not released the original firmware, for downgrading . . . .

So SanDisk breaks what used to almost work and offers no way to change that?  Absolutely incredible.  Before you dismiss me as “just a complainer”, consider the fact that mp3 players and mass storage devices are the CORE COMPETENCE of SanDisk.  It is what they do all day, every day.  They are a large company with the technical know-how and financial depth to spend the time and the resources doing product development and support the RIGHT way.  They have NO excuse NOT to get it right before its released.  Somebody deserves to lose their job because of gross incompetence.

1 Like

I second that, mate.

@billparker82 wrote:

So SanDisk breaks what used to almost work . . . ?  

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case, hence the firmware revision.

Hello,

I’m Nicolas from France. New in this forum, but old user of SanDisk MP3 players.

I bought the Clip Sport in replacement of my previous Clip Zip +

I appreciated my Clip Zip mainly when driving my motorbike for long distance (> 4h). Therefore I could start or stop trhe music, switch from a song to another just buy clicking on a button without removing my gloves while driving.

I lost my previous ZIp after thousands of kilometers, so I bought the new version that improve battery life.

But I discover that external memory and internal memory are not any more merged in “Music”. Moreoverit seems the last firmware - that I didn’t install -  limit the number of objects to 2000 and remove a major functionnality the sorting by genre !!!

Therfore I have 3 questions about the next firmware release:

1/ Do you scheduled in a future release (which one?) to merge external memory and internal memory in “Music” to allow the user to read All files? When is the release date for this KEY functionnality?

2/ Do you schedule to remove the limitation of 4000 items? 

(why allowing to have 16 + 64 Gb for only 4000 items? )

When is the release date for this KEY functionnality?

3/ Do you scheduled in a future release (which one?) to restore the sorting by genre?

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

According to your reply I will decide to bring back my MP3 reader to the store or to keep it.

Regards,

Nicolas