Sandisk Clip+ Screen broke from daily use

I religiously use my Sandisk Clip+ on a daily basis.  The screen that covers the display has cracked from the pressure put on the screen when you open the clip.  Has anyone else had this issue?  The crack is due to a design flaw or cheap materials.  My Clip is less than a year old, still under factory warranty, and Sandisk will not help me with it.  I’ve purchase a ton of Sandisk products and I wouldn’t think they would want to lose my business over something so easily fixed.  I guess I will be forced to find another company that sells the same products.

Are you putting pressure on the screen, such as with your fingers or thumb being placed over the screen, when opening the clip?

Also, there is no other company that sells the same products …

I haven’t experienced this, but I agree the design of the unit could be a bit better. To operate the spring-loaded clip on the back, one leaves a large thumbprint smack-dab in the middle of the screen.

What happens then? You wipe it off on whatever is handy, and that’s usually something rough that’s going to leave indelible and multiple scratches on the face.

In my opinion, the only good place for thumbprints are in cookies:

:stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

I haven’t experienced this, but I agree the design of the unit could be a bit better. To operate the spring-loaded clip on the back, one leaves a large thumbprint smack-dab in the middle of the screen.

What happens then? You wipe it off on whatever is handy, and that’s usually something rough that’s going to leave indelible and multiple scratches on the face.

I’ve found them to be quite scratch-resistant, actually. One of mine has a small scratch, which occurred when its original owner got frustrated with the packaging and resorted to a large knife to get the player out so he could try it, but in almost a year, no more scratches have occurred. My other one has no scratches whatsoever…although some common sense is involved, I don’t put them in pockets with coins or keys, etc.

Then again, maybe common sense explains why I’ve never broken the clip attachment on my two original, and two Plus model Clips.:stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that the small size can make how you hold the Clip at times something that you need to consider.  But I never have to put my fingers over the screen to operate the Clip–I just put my fingers on the side edges of the player.  Putting pressure on the screen just invites a physical problem (not covered by warranty). 

I agree that the small size can make how you hold the Clip at times something that you need to consider.  But I never have to put my fingers over the screen to operate the Clip–I just put my fingers on the top edge of the player.  Putting pressure on the screen just invites a physical problem (not covered by warranty). 

@marvin_martian wrote:

My other one has no scratches whatsoever…although some common sense is involved, I don’t put them in pockets with coins or keys, etc.

Then again, maybe common sense explains why I’ve never broken the clip attachment on my two original, and two Plus model Clips.:stuck_out_tongue:

Mine is still in pristine condition as well, but I can see where the scenario mentioned above could be commonplace with people not as careful as others. Indeed, common sense and care go a long way in how all things last (or don’t).