SanDisk Announces Fourth quarter and Fiscal 2009 Finanical Results

SanDisk Announces Fourth quarter and Fiscal 2009 Finanical Results - link

Did you hear the conference call? The link below is to a transcript of it.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/185310-sandisk-corp-q4-2009-earnings-call-transcript?source=yahoo

The stock price went up so much in December expecting great news. While Q4 was nice, the forcast for Q1 was just okay but not superb. I guess some investors are also annoyed that SDXC cards weren’t released long ago.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-29-2010 04:36 PM

what would be the good of releasing an SDXC card when there are no hosts that support it?

Indeed. A classic case of

:smileyvery-happy:

Hey, I’m just happy to see good news!  Looking forward to a good year for the Extreme!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

"what would be the good of releasing an SDXC card when there are no hosts that support it? "

My feeling is that camcorders and other devices that use SDXC cards were delayed since the cards were delayed. I believe initially release of SDXC cards was planned for early 2009. It seems like the largest application for them initially is camcorders. It isn’t just about availability of 64 GB SDXC cards, but when they will be affordably priced(ie. under $200 retail?).

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-30-2010 06:12 PM

JK98 wrote:

My feeling is that camcorders and other devices that use SDXC cards were delayed since the cards were delayed.