sandisk 8mb microchip shuts computer down when accessed through my computer

i have tried several times to access the chip to download photos.  when i click on my computer and access to view files, the computer immediately huts down.  i have an extra blank chip and tried it with no problem.  it brings up a regular blank screen without shutting down the computer.  help!  i have alot of special photos on that microchip.  thanks

Unfortunately, if it’s dead, it’s dead. There’s no fixing these things, and it sounds like yours has gone to the great memory bank in the sky. And there’s usually no warning if/when a flash-based memory device is about to fail. It will work fine one day, and not the next.

Sorry to hear about your photos: smileysad:

Ever hear the phrase, “Never put all your eggs in one basket” or “Back-up, back-up, back-up”?

Unfortunately, if it’s dead, it’s dead. There’s no fixing these things, and it sounds like yours has gone to the great memory bank in the sky. And there’s usually no warning if/when a flash-based memory device is about to fail. It will work fine one day, and not the next.

Sorry to hear about your photos. :cry:

Ever hear the phrase, “Never put all your eggs in one basket” or “Back-up, back-up, back-up”?