SanClip Battery

I purchased a SanClip black 2 Gig MP3 player last week.  I am very happy with it but am concerned about the battery life.  I only use it at the gym.  I have made a habit of charging the unit up to 100% every time I return home form the gym.   When going to the gym today, after NOT going for 2 consecutive days I noticed that the battery level was down to 84%.  That does not seem right to me.  I did not use the device at all for 2 days and lost 14% battery life.  Can there be a problem with my battery? 

try to update the firmware of the player. if same issue reccur, call sandisk. 

As an FYI to the group in case anyone else experiences this problem…

I had no luck with the upgrade of the firmware.  The same problem persisted after upgrading.  I went to Best Buy a couple days ago to get a replacement after being told by the SanDisk help line that it must be a defective battery.  The customer service rep at Best Buy was making out my return receipt and while doing that told me that she had a similar problem with her iPod.  The iPod people told her to always put the unit on ‘HOLD’ before turning it off.   I decided to give that a try before turning in my unit for a new model since I had become attached to it over the last several weeks and hated giving it up. 

I brought the clip back home, charged it to 100%, put it on hold and turned it off.  I have now had the unit off for 2 days and the battery is still at 100%.  It works as she suggested.  The bottom line is…before turning off my clip I first put it on HOLD…the small padlock image comes on the screen.  Then I power it off, and after powering it off I also slide down the on/off switch into the HOLD position. 

The hold recomendation for the ipod was due to accidentals button operation… so that might drain the battery… but for the Clip you can not put it on hold and then turn it off… because you will be turning off hold just before turning off your player…

You have to turn it off and then slide the hold switch down…

In any case the clip design is not usual to turn it on accidentally… so I almost never leave the button on hold…

If it makes you happy keep on doing that… but youll see that, if you have a nomal working unit, then you dont need to do what youre doing to keep the battery preserved…

Message Edited by BUC on 09-03-2008 05:09 PM