San Disk Cruzer Flash Drives

In the pash 3 months or so I have bought a total of three of the same kind of USB from sandisk. The kind where you must use the knob to slide the usb out of the case. In each and every single case, within a couple of weeks, the nub, the bit that goes into the flash port on the computer, has broken off from the the tiny data board inside the case. I am serious, this has happened 3 times with the same type of usb. I have lost countless photos, assignments, videos and games off my usb. As they have BROKEN every time. And no, i have not be handling them roughly at all, they just somehow snap.

I am seriously sick of buying USB’s from sandisk. And next time I will probably buy a different brand.

gggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Have you contacted Sandisk Tech Support about this?   The drives are under warranty if you purchased them new.   There is a 2 year warranty on Cruzer drives.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us  or call them at 1-866-726-3475 in the U.S.

I have a Cruzer and it has always worked well.   Nothing has become loose nor broken off from regular use. 

Data that a user loads onto any storage device is never a part of the warranty.  You’ll have to go to a company that may be able to retrieve that info and it can get costly.  It’s always a good idea to have more than one copy of important data.

@libobank wrote:

Hmmm…looks like someone must have fallen asleep while sitting in front of the computer and his face fell and landed on the “g” key.   :smileyvery-happy:

@mags1230 wrote:

@libobank wrote:

Hmmm…looks like someone must have fallen asleep while sitting in front of the computer and his face fell and landed on the “g” key.   :smileyvery-happy:

Look out for the drool!

:stuck_out_tongue: