San Disk card reader;32-bit only??

Hi people,new to this site. I purchased a Sandisk 2g SDHC card/reader for my cell phone yesterday,to my surprise,my new PC with Windows 7 (64 bit system) will not work with the San Disk hardware. The hardware works great on my old PC with Windows XP. Apparently the San Disk card reader is only compatible with 32-bit operating systems. Any comments ?

64bit OS is not the problem i use several old sandisk readers with my win 7 64 bit system everyday. check device manager and see what that says about the reader. also knowing exactly what model of reader you are trying to use would help.

You might also want to check the other sandisk forum for cards and other products

http://communities.sandisk.com/sandisk/ 

This one is basically for Sansa / MP3 / Video  although lots of people here are very knowledgeable and might be able to answer your quesitons.

Hello drlucky

Can you tell me what accessories I would need to get my Sansae250 to work in my car. I have a 20006 Pontiac G6 auto.

Thanks

michael

ikestermw@aol.com

ikestermw wrote:

Hello drlucky

Can you tell me what accessories I would need to get my Sansae250 to work in my car. I have a 20006 Pontiac G6 auto.

It depends on what kind of sound system you have in it. Here’s what you can use:

1. Is there a USB port? Then you can simply plug your e250 into it via the Sansa cable. This is the best option. You can use the car stereo’s controls, the volume gets a boost from the car stereo’s amplifier, and you don’t have to fiddle with the player while you’re driving.
  2. Is there an AUX IN port? You can get a male to male cord with 3.5mm plugs on each end. This is the 2nd best option. You’ll have to change tracks, etc. via the player, and the volume probably won’t be as loud.
  3. Neither of the above? You can still get an FM transmitter that you plug in between the player and the car stereo. You set the FM radio tuner to a specific frequency and the player transmits the signal to that ‘station’. You still control everything on the player and depending on where you live and the number of stations broadcasting in your area and their proximity to the player’s ‘frequency’, it may or may not give satisfactory results. Opinions on these things are all over the chart.
  4. The last option is a cassette tape adaptor. Obviously your car’s stereo system must have a cassette tape deck. Fewer and fewer of them do these days. There is a cassette tape casing with electronic paraphernalia inside with a cord that comes out of it that plugs into the headphone jack on the player. You control the selection of tracks (including FF & REW) on the player and power/volume is boosted by the car’s deck.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 05-14-2010 01:10 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

1. The last option is a cassette tape adaptor. Obviously your car’s stereo system must have a cassette tape deck. Fewer and fewer of them do these days. There is a cassette tape casing with electronic paraphernalia inside with a cord that comes out of it that plugs into the headphone jack on the player. As with the AUX IN method, you control everything on the player and power/volume is limited to what the player puts out (which isn’t very much; it’s designed for small earbuds or headphones).

Actually for the cassette player you are not limited to what the player puts out.  You can also use the car stereo volumne.  I use both to get good volumne.  The Fuze I set to half way (doesn’t use up the battery as if you turn it almost all the way up) and then turn up the car to what sounds best. Obviously you have to remember to turn down both because they’re both up loud.   But not a problem after the first few times (and an occassional I forget because I’m tired… yea that sounds like a good excuse…).

Dalaug234 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

1. The last option is a cassette tape adaptor. Obviously your car’s stereo system must have a cassette tape deck. Fewer and fewer of them do these days. There is a cassette tape casing with electronic paraphernalia inside with a cord that comes out of it that plugs into the headphone jack on the player. As with the AUX IN method, you control everything on the player and power/volume is limited to what the player puts out (which isn’t very much; it’s designed for small earbuds or headphones).

Actually for the cassette player you are not limited to what the player puts out.  You can also use the car stereo volumne.  I use both to get good volumne.  The Fuze I set to half way (doesn’t use up the battery as if you turn it almost all the way up) and then turn up the car to what sounds best. Obviously you have to remember to turn down both because they’re both up loud.   But not a problem after the first few times (and an occassional I forget because I’m tired… yea that sounds like a good excuse…).

Right you are. Thanks for catching that. I think what I had in mind was that you have to control what is being played, as opposed to the USB connection which allows yo to select from the car’s deck. As you say, the volume could be controlled with the in-dash unit using a cassettte adaptor.

Dalaug234 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

4. The last option is a cassette tape adaptor. Obviously your car's stereo system must have a cassette tape deck. Fewer and fewer of them do these days. There is a cassette tape casing with electronic paraphernalia inside with a cord that comes out of it that plugs into the headphone jack on the player. As with the AUX IN method, you control everything on the player and power/volume is limited to what the player puts out (which isn't very much; it's designed for small earbuds or headphones).

Actually for the cassette player you are not limited to what the player puts out.  You can also use the car stereo volumne.  I use both to get good volumne.

Right you are. Thanks for catching that. I think what I had in mind was that you have to control what is being played, as opposed to the USB connection which allows yo to select from the car's deck. As you say, the volume could be controlled with the in-dash unit using a cassettte adaptor.