RSS feeds

I’m expecting a refurbished 4GB Sansa Connect in a day or so.  Even though the product was sold as “No WiFI”, I guess I’ll be able to use downloadable firmware to open the WiFi.  However, can anyone tell me if the Sansa Connect software allows for downloading RSS feeds both audio and video?

Thanks!

The only Wifi functions the Connect has are streaming Yahoo music channels and viewing Flickr photos.

My son has a Sony Walkman where the media manager allows him to download RSS feeds which are then transferred to his Walkman.  Does the media management software for the Sansa Connect allow for that type of transfer?

Thanks!

no

This may be a case where I don’t understand the concept of RSS feeds.  I don’t need to download an RSS feed directly to my Sansa Connect.  I just want to find a media program that will allow the downloads to be saved and then transferred to my Sansa Connect.  I mentioned my son’s Sony Walkman before because his “Media Manager” program on our PC allows for RSS downloads.  Once downloaded to his Media Manager, the feeds are transferred to his Walkman.  Is there a program or player which will enable me to do that?

Thanks!

Foundation wrote:

This may be a case where I don’t understand the concept of RSS feeds.  I don’t need to download an RSS feed directly to my Sansa Connect.  I just want to find a media program that will allow the downloads to be saved and then transferred to my Sansa Connect.  I mentioned my son’s Sony Walkman before because his “Media Manager” program on our PC allows for RSS downloads.  Once downloaded to his Media Manager, the feeds are transferred to his Walkman.  Is there a program or player which will enable me to do that?

Thanks!

Podcasts. Yeah they can go on the player just make sure its an mp3 file and you can download it to your computer and then copy it to your player  

Now we’re getting somewhere!  Thanks for the reply.  Since I am syncing my Sansa Connect to Windows Media Player 11, do you know how I’d get the RSS feeds onto that player?  Or do I need to use the Sansa Media Converter?  The reason I’m asking is that I have been UNABLE to download the Sansa Media Converter to my PC.  I was able to install the utilities program, but when I go for updates to retrieve the Converter the utilities program goes into an unending loop, searching for updates but never coming up with the Media Converter.

My thoughts were that I could simply bypass the Sansa Media Converter since I’m already able to transfer music from the Windows Media Play directly to the Sansa Connect.  I figured there should be some simple way to do the same thing with RSS feeds/Podcasts.

Thanks so much for your help!

:wink:

All you have to do is once you download the audio, make sure you add the files to your windows media library and then connect the player and sync them.

Thanks!  I’ll try that to see how it works!