Rockboxing an iPod . . .

Okay, I would like to Rockbox a certain iPod Classic Photo. I know it has a stable port, but I would like to know what the risk for this process is, and what the safest way to do this is.

I would appriciate knowing this. 

Have you tried exploring the Rockbox site, or perused their forums. Seems to me that would be the best place to find your answers, such as:

Stable ports -

• Apple: 1st through 5.5th generation iPod, iPod Mini and 1st generation iPod Nano
    (not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd/4th gen Nano, Classic or Touch)

I know it’s stable . . . I just want to know the risk of failure to install it and screwing the whole thing up, rendering it useless.

@saxmaster765 wrote:
I know it’s stable . . . I just want to know the risk of failure to install it and screwing the whole thing up, rendering it useless.

Do you know something the Rockbox folks don’t?

(_ not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd/4th gen Nano, Classic or Touch_)

@tapeworm wrote:

Have you tried exploring the Rockbox site, or perused their forums. Seems to me that would be the best place to find your answers, such as:

Stable ports -

• Apple: 1st through >>>5.5th<<< generation iPod, iPod Mini and 1st generation iPod Nano
    (not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd/4th gen Nano, Classic or Touch)

The list on Rockbox.org goes to the 4th generation, then to iPod Photo/Color, then the mini . . .

I think it’s talking about the new Classics. 

Just what is “Classic”, in Apple-speak?  Is this a euphemism for dull, heavy, and kludgy?  The original 'Pod, or any one of six following generations of “not so much Classic as the Classic”?

Is it like, say, a Coke “Classic”? 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: