RockBox Opinions?

I’t

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

He’s not talking about USB connectivity…he’s talking about line-out output capability for connecting to external amplifiers.:wink:

Since the line-out goes through the USB 30-pin port on the bottom, can you have one without the other?

It’s a good thing you’re nice and ligh-hearted, or I’d give you grief over that response. :wink:

Thanks Timn!  That thread looks exactly like what I was looking for.  I can’t wait.  Hopefully we can get line out without having to provide the voltage that the stock operating system requires.  It looks like that’s how Saratoga wants it enabled initially.

Gapless playback is wonderful! with RB3.5.1 and th latest OF from Sansa, I’m unable to use RB while charging. I turn it on unconnected and RB bootsup. I hold the select button down while plugging the wall charger and the OF will boot up. Do I need to reload the RB bootloader?

@njones wrote:
Gapless playback is wonderful! with RB3.5.1 and th latest OF from Sansa, I’m unable to use RB while charging. I turn it on unconnected and RB bootsup. I hold the select button down while plugging the wall charger and the OF will boot up. Do I need to reload the RB bootloader?

I’ll try it on the latest build when I get a chance, but it was working fine recently on my player and I can’t think of anything that would break this.  Did it used to work for you? 

Edit:  r25146 works correctly for me.  

Message Edited by saratoga on 03-13-2010 03:30 PM

Message Edited by saratoga on 03-13-2010 03:30 PM

It has never worked for me. Either with RB3.5 or RB3.5.1. Only started using RB a couple of weeks ago.

If you can suggest a way for me to reproduce it on the current build I’ll look into it.  Otherwise theres not much I can do.

Should I reinstall the bootloader?

The bootloader won’t make any difference.  To be clear, you have tried r25146 or newer right?  And you’re sure you’d holding the right button down while inserting? 

using r25163 holding down the center button in the middle of the scroll wheel.

I love Rockbox. The only problems that I’ve had with Rockbox were due to my own ignorance, and looking at the manual helped me figure them out.

This works perfectly on my Fuze Plugged in on plugged into PC). I do it a few times a week (as my RB’ed Fuze is now on almost constantly while I am at work. :wink: )

Rockbox is the shiznit. Period.

I am going to make a short video of it on the Fuze very soon.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 03-19-2010 12:35 PM