Rockbox for Fuze! - Weekly latest builds by Fuchur

ROCKBOX for Fuze V1

Disclaimer:

Stop reading here if you feel unsure about installing Rockbox. There’s still a risk to brick your device.
Also, expect to lose the DRM capabilities of your device forever even after uninstalling!

I will release the compilated latest builds of rockbox in a complete package.

Just download it extract it and copy the files to your device. 

An installation guide is also included.

Revision 22090 - 07-31-2009

Tested: yes!

Download

HAVE FUN! :wink:

Please give me your feedback!

Message Edited by Fuchur123 on 08-01-2009 09:52 AM

Message Edited by Fuchur123 on 08-01-2009 09:56 AM

Message Edited by Fuchur123 on 08-01-2009 09:57 AM

Message Edited by Fuchur123 on 08-01-2009 10:19 AM

And just why would we need (or want) to get it from you rather than just downloading it from the Rockbox site itself?

No offense, but that’s one way virus’, trojans and other unseemly crap gets spread across the world; from downloading unknown files from unknown sources.

If I want a drink of water, I’ll go the the water cooler myself and get it. I won’t take a drink from someone else’s glass, even if it’s the same water.

OK, here’s some feedback . . .

Why would we need (or want) to get it from you rather than just downloading it from the Rockbox site itself?

No offense, but that’s one way virus’, trojans and other unseemly crap gets spread across the world; from clicking on unknown links and/or downloading unknown files from unknown sources.

If I want a drink of water, I’ll go the the water cooler myself and get it. I won’t take a drink from someone else’s glass, even if it’s the same water.

Thank you!

It’s not easy to find the newest builds of Rockbox on the homepage especially for Fuze.

Just older test builds.

I think some people are interested  of trying Rockbox on their Fuze.

When you’re unsure so don’t download it! :wink:

But he didn’t say he was unsure about Rockbox. He said it’s potentially dangerous to download it from unofficial sources.

My files are CLEAN!

I have nothing more to say at this.

Use a virus scanner or something else.

Thank you! :wink:

Message Edited by Fuchur123 on 08-01-2009 11:15 AM

@fuchur123 wrote:

My Files are CLEAN!

And I think every hacker or virus writer in the world would say the exact same thing.

Think about it; no one’s going to admit, “Hey, I just wrote this great trojan worm hidden in this file. Download it and see what happens!” and get the response they’re hoping for.

@fuchur123 wrote:

You know as well as anyone else does that not all bad stuff is found by the various virus scanners out there.

@fuchur123 wrote:

No . . . Thank You! :stuck_out_tongue:

@fuchur123 wrote:

My Files are CLEAN!

And I think every hacker or virus writer in the world would say the exact same thing!

Think about it; no one’s going to admit, “Hey, I just wrote this great trojan worm hidden in this file. Download it and see what happens!” and get the response they’re hoping for.

@fuchur123 wrote:

You know as well as anyone else does that not all bad stuff is found by the various virus scanners out there.

@fuchur123 wrote:

No . . . Thank You! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone who’s ‘techy’ enough to want to try Rockbox in the 1st place is probably smart enough to be able to figure out where to D/L the files from the Rocksite site too. If not, they might as well forget about it; they’ll never figure out how to use it.

@fuchur123 wrote:

Thank you!

It’s not easy to find the newest builds of Rockbox on the homepage especially for Fuze.

Just older test builds.

http://build.rockbox.org/dist/build-fuze/rockbox.zip

Its updated 5-10 times a day on average.  And linked from the installation instructions.

What you’re saying makes no sense.  

This build is an old version. Date: 07-26-09 - Revision: 22050

The newest source code for compiling is r22090 !

@fuchur123 wrote:

This build is an old version. Date: 07-26-09 - Revision: 22050

The newest source code for compiling is r22090 !

You should really read post #7 Fuchur123. Saratoga is one of the Rockbox developers.

:slight_smile: Nothing against the developer but fact is this is an old version! :slight_smile:

You’re right, looks like the Sansa wiki link didn’t get updated once the new build system was put in place.  I’ve updated the wiki.

The current build is here:  http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-fuze.zip

Next time though it’d be nice if you’re just report the bug to us (or even just edit the wiki) instead of trying to make your own mirror.  

I think the link in the Sansa e200v2 and Sansa Fuze: Test builds topic on the rockbox forums has been correct all the time.