Rhapsody update 4.723 Difficulties

I have a Fuze 4GB. Today updated Real Rhapsody, and all kinds of problems with the Fuze. First was Blue Screen of Death whenever I connected Fuze after logged in to Rhapsody … which is the way to update track subscriptions on the Fuze, I think.

Now, the Fuze is frozen at the 4-color logo screen … on/off and other buttons have no effect. Connecting and un-connecting does nothing. Rhapsody no longer recognizes Fuze when its connected.

How do I unfreeze the Fuze?

Then, how do I fix it so I can renew tracks on Fuze with Rhapsody? Perhaps uninstall Rhapsody and reinstall older version? (which was working great)

Reset it by sliding the spring-loaded power switch up and hold it for 20 - 30 seconds. Release, then slide it up momentarily once to re-start it normally.

Sorry, I can’t help out with the Rhapsody issue. I prefer to own my music, not rent it.

I was prompted by the Rhapsody client to update yesterday, but I’ve learned from the past; I wait a week or two before taking the plunge.

Case in point: Real Networks still has my password information in limbo for communications.  Last time I reset, well, they reset it, my multiple Rhapsody accounts were zorched with the password change.  I cringe when I have to make account changes, as Murphy’s Law comes into play.

The 4.723 release notes can be found by browsing through the Rhapsody / Real message boards… I will have a look tonight in “anonymous mode”, but access is a pain on the weekends (invariably, I just call the staff the old fashioned way).

As mentioned above, first reset the Fuze via the soft reset method, and see if all is OK on the device side of the equation. 

Bob   :smileyvery-happy:

This is great help. I reset it, and it looks ok on the device side. Will also check the release notes, before connecting device again. Regret having updated to 4.723, and will look for a way to restore previous version.

Much appreciated!

@tapeworm wrote:

Reset it by sliding the spring-loaded power switch up and hold it for 20 - 30 seconds. Release, then slide it up momentarily once to re-start it normally.

Sorry, I can’t help out with the Rhapsody issue. I prefer to own my music, not rent it.

I prefer to think of it as getting unlimited full-length samples that I can listen to anytime I want and anywhere I want for only $15/month. You can still buy the tracks you want to keep in your collection.

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 08-09-2009 04:16 PM