Rewind buttons is about to die/break

No, it is not broken yet, but I think my Sansa Clip will dead due to the overuse that it suffer. I use my clip mainly to listen different podcasts and language mp3 courses, and I need to rewind very often, so I need to press rewind button. The problem is that it is not easy/quick to rewind 5 or 10 seconds ( you need to hold the button to do it more time than desired), and if you use the clip while running you press the button harder than usual to prevent the “simple clic” that load the previous mp3.

I think most mp3 players in the market work like this one, like being thought to listen music and not podcasts or lessons, and so a simple clic = previous song…, but it is a big problem for people listening 30 minutes lessons. I think a today’s good player should give us at least two different options to navigate into the song, selecting in the menu/options fit better for the use. In my case I think it should be much better the following (when the mp3 is running):

1. One little clic button (rewind or forward) = 10 seconds rew/forw.

2. Two quick clics = 1 minute rew/forw

3. Three quick clicks = 10 minutes rew/forw (to navigate trough files that last a long time…, 1 hour or so).

4. Holding the button more than 1 second = previous/next file.

The idea is to make life easier. I also think it would be much better if the sansa clip memorize only the last position in the last file you were listening, not in every file you listened in the past.

Personally, I’d like to see a rewind/ff with sound–otherwise, one just is guessing as to where to stop . . . .

@miikerman wrote:

Personally, I’d like to see a rewind/ff with sound–otherwise, one just is guessing as to where to stop . . . .

That definitely comes in handy, expecially when listening to podcasts and you want to FF through the commercials.

Unfortunately, the last Sansa player that had this feature was the e200 v1 series. Quite useful indeed. :wink: