required section was not found in the INF

I am getting this error when I try and add new hardware to my PC. I have done everything SanDisk has suggested as well as Microsoft. I have downloaded the MTP Porting Kit as well as updated firmware. Has anyone else encountered this error and how did you get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Okay never mind to my post. Found the secret in a previous post. Put the player in hold mode and then hold center button. Plug in USB cord. For some reason it connects and works fine. Listening to music now.

What a pain in the a$$ though!  

Do what you did; install firmware update .18 (see the sticky above); and then that may handle your problem or you can set your player for MSC mode (Settings/USB) in which case you don’t have to use the hold/center button trick.

Do what you did; install firmware update .18 (see the sticky above) if you haven’t done so; and then that may handle your problem or you can set your player for MSC mode (Settings/USB) in which case you don’t have to use the hold/center button trick.

edit:  note, however, that you can’t use DRM music/files in MSC mode.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 01-02-2008 08:57 PM

How do I change the USB Settings? When I got to settings all I get is Equalizer, Power, Display, Language, FM Settings, Volume. System Info, Reset all, Format, Press and Hold.

Really?  After Format and before Press and Hold should be USB Mode.  Are you sure you have firmware version .18 (see the sticky above)? 

Okay that works much better. Thanks so much for your help.

Super!

This is also a good reference if all of the above fails

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=785