Replacement screen glass?

Are there replacements for the Clip’s top cover available?

I have the silver 4gig (latest firmware) and it would be nice to replace

the cover with a less tinted one. In addition, one could then do something
about the cheap-looking color changing logo.

(You can usually get aftermarket replacement screens for many cell phones, but I

haven’t seen similar options for mp3 players yet.)

What do you mean by “a less tinted one”… remember that you can change the screen dimmer in the display settings…

I havent seen any screen replacement for this mp3 player… because I dont think its as cruzial as other types… hence PVPs

I have an Archos AV500 with a 480X272 4" beautiful screen… and of course they have replacements… but for an 1.whatever" screen oled in my 4Gb Sansa Clip… I dont think ill get into the trouble of changing it… if it goes bad I replace the clip itself…

It even looks hard to replace… posibly damaging the plastic cover surrounding it…

Anyway… If I see a replacement I let you know… but try to live with the original… The player looks cool even though I agree with the color-changing Sansa logo… but overall looks great…

Edit.

I see what you mean… try turning up the display brightness to see if that helps and does not hurt the battery a lot…      ?

As I previously said… trying to change it could harm the clip…

Message Edited by BUC on 09-01-2008 08:11 PM

The CLIP is not designed to be user-servicable. In plain English, it don’t come apart! Hence you will not find any different color or replacable screens for it. Many people have broken the actual clip though, so you’d think there would be an after-market source for these, but I’ve yet to hear of one. You have to call Sansa for a replacement.

Why not try a removable screen protector?  I use a cheap one, and it does take some glare off the screen.  But, then again, it doesn’t bother me that much.

All the best,

Brad

HulkSmashNow wrote:

Why not try a removable screen protector?  I use a cheap one, and it does take some glare off the screen.  But, then again, it doesn’t bother me that much.

All the best,

Brad

I also cut a screen protector that I had laying around… the remaining of what I used for my AV500… and I fit it to the clip… just over the home button… its great… I can read perfectly through it… indoor, outdoor… and it really protects the screen from keys and change… (I dont have any case for the clip)

great solution

Cheap sansa logo?  You do know what that is, don’t you?  It’s a diffraction grating.  The surface of the grating is laser etched, making for the cool prismatic affect.  I’d hardly call it cheap.

My e280 has a silkscreened sansa  logo, applied to the outer surface of the face.  Now this is cheap in comparison.  The Clip’s logo is behind the acrylic face.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I wrote ‘cheap-looking’ in the sense that I feel it is less elegant than a (cheap) monochrome logo.

de gustibus non est disputandum (because it’s futile)