Replaceement clip for the Clip+

The clip lasted only 2 months. (Some of the stuff I clipped it to was too thick and caused one of the hinges to break). I have carefully snapped it off and filed off the remainder.   The clip function is very important to me so I am very bummed that I can’t order a replacement one from from Sansa. I tried one of the clips that are on the back of measuring tapes…the size was spot on, I glued it on but it just did not work at all as these clips sits somewhat recessed on the measuring tape which is impossible on the clip+.  Does anyone know where I can find a clip that would work and can be ordered online (with int’l shipping as I live o/s US).  You would make my day!! Cheers.

Maybe something like this could be adapted?

Many different shapes, sizes available here:

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/shenzhen_China_products/Magnetic-Clips_1.htm

Or if you wanna go old-school-ghetto, some super glue and this is the hot ticket:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I would prefer the second one

I found this.  Size seems to work ok, but can’t figure out if this will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cellet-Replacement-Clip-4-Piece-Set-Package-/250556478228?pt=PDA_Accessories

or this one…

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-BLACK-CLIPHANGER-clip-hanger-Cell-Phone-PDA-MP3-/120575965354?pt=PDA_Accessories

I need something that can clip to the waisband of my running shorts or to the shoulder strap of my running vest.

or this one…

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Belt-Clip-Cell-Phone-Mobile-Holster-New-/170490947068?pt=PDA_Accessories

Nice find. That might fit

@scuba wrote:

or this one…

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-BLACK-CLIPHANGER-clip-hanger-Cell-Phone-PDA-MP3-/120575965354?pt=PDA_Accessories

 

 

 

I need something that can clip to the waisband of my running shorts or to the shoulder strap of my running vest.

 

 

or this one…

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Belt-Clip-Cell-Phone-Mobile-Holster-New-/170490947068?pt=PDA_Accessories

I’d want to see them ‘up close & personal’ before buying though; something you can’t do on eBay. the Clip+ is miniscule, even when compared to taday’s cell phones. Those do-hickey-thing-ama-bobs might be too big.

@tapeworm wrote:

Maybe something like this could be adapted?

 

 

Many different shapes, sizes available here:

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/shenzhen_China_products/Magnetic-Clips_1.htm

 

 

Or if you wanna go old-school-ghetto, some super glue and this is the hot ticket:

 

 

:stuck_out_tongue:

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

I would also choose the clothes pin.  It was first invented in 1853.   You can’t go wrong with something that’s been around for that long and is still being manufactured.

@mags1230 wrote:


@tapeworm wrote:

Maybe something like this could be adapted?

 

 

Many different shapes, sizes available here:

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/shenzhen_China_products/Magnetic-Clips_1.htm

 

 

Or if you wanna go old-school-ghetto, some super glue and this is the hot ticket:

 

 

:stuck_out_tongue:


:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

 

I would also choose the clothes pin.  It was first invented in 1853.   You can’t go wrong with something that’s been around for that long and is still being manufactured.

Of course you could always go with something you’ve probably already got around the house . . .

Nothing like recycling. Personally I’m kinda drawn to this one:

:smileyvery-happy:

@mags1230 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

 

I would also choose the clothes pin.  It was first invented in 1853.   You can’t go wrong with something that’s been around for that long and is still being manufactured.

Of course you could always go with something you’ve probably already got around the house . . .

Nothing like recycling. Personally I’m kinda drawn to this one:

Awwww, Mr. Potato Head . . . He’s so cute!

@mags1230 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

 

I would also choose the clothes pin.  It was first invented in 1853.   You can’t go wrong with something that’s been around for that long and is still being manufactured.

Of course you could always go with something you’ve probably already got around the house . . .

Nothing like recycling. Personally I’m kinda drawn to this one:

Awwww, Mr. Potato Head . . . He’s so cute! :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:


@mags1230 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

 

I would also choose the clothes pin.  It was first invented in 1853.   You can’t go wrong with something that’s been around for that long and is still being manufactured.


 

Of course you could always go with something you’ve probably already got around the house . . .

 

 

Nothing like recycling. Personally I’m kinda drawn to this one:

 

Awwww, Mr. Potato Head . . . He’s so cute! :smileyvery-happy:

The clothes peg seems to be one of the sturdier designs!!! But it’s way too big and the clipping part is to small.

The problem with the universal swivel type designs is that I fear the clip mechanism is a similar crappy design that came with the Clip+ and won’t last very long.  The pics do not show the clip part, just the front of the item.

The second design I posted does not use a spring loaded clip, it looks simple and sturdy, but not sure how to attach it to awaistband…I try to contact the seller for more info.

edit: I found their official website.  This one clips to a loop (a bit like a keyring) which does not work for my purpose but otherwise seems pretty good.

Perhaps this OXO Good Grips cubicle clip may work?  It comes in a small and a large size.

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=760625

Several of the customer’s reviews mention they’re durable.

Radioshack do a universal belt clip…

http://www.buy.com/prod/radioshack-universal-belt-clip/q/loc/111/211556984.html

Unfortunatley I could not find any pics showing the clip in action and its dimensions.  Maybe one of the US based posters on here could check it out in person next time they are shopping at Radioshack.

Will keep you posted on any further finds.

The Oxo clip is a magnetic clip.  I think that this could interfere with the electronic workings of the device plus the surface the would need to be glued is not absolutelty flat from what I could see in one of its pics.

@scuba wrote:

Radioshack do a universal belt clip…

http://www.buy.com/prod/radioshack-universal-belt-clip/q/loc/111/211556984.html

 

Unfortunatley I could not find any pics showing the clip in action and its dimensions. 

 

Looks awful big for a Clip+. Like twicce as long as the Clip+ is tall. Probably has got one of those foam-core double sitcky tape things on the back too. Not what I would call a very ‘permanent’ solution.