Replace the Fuze+ battery, repairs, and screen polishing

I’ve recently purchased a lightly-used Fuze+ 8GB player, have a 16 GB memory card in it. (The memory card is the reason I wanted the Fuze+.) After a few weeks of ownership, I have noticed that the battery is only charging to about 56 percent (as listed on the Settings menu). Also, geting the unit to charge from the external charger and/or the USB port is tricky. I suspect that the MicroUSB societ may be a little dirty, or possibly defective. Thus the following questions:

1. Is there a repair facility for the Fuze+, outside of Sandisk, that can replace the battery if necessary? (I know Sandisk would  be expensive out of warranty, or might not even repair it at all.)

2. If the MicroUSB connector is dirty, does anyone have a good way to clean it? Spray electronic contact cleaner would be pretty messy on the jack or the cord; could a cleaner be dabbed on with a Q-Tip or something?

3. I know the original Fuze has numerous sellers of replacement batteries on eBay. By any strange circumstance, is that battery the same size and rating as the one in the Fuze+? (No, I haven’t opened up the Fuze+ case, not sure how to do it, I’ve done tech work but don’t want to gum up the works without good reason.)

4. On an incidental matter, has anyone gotten any techniques for polishing the plastic screen? Mine does have a few scratches, and I was wondering if toothpaste or automotive polishing compound would do the job.

Any help you guys might provide would help a lot, and a lot more people than me. Thanks!

1. No.
  2. Compressed air (sold in aerosol cans in computer, electronic or office-supply stores.
  3. No.
  4. Depending on the severity (and depth) of the scratches, polising compound and/or toothpaste are both good choices. You can also do a search here; there are a couple of threads dedicated to this subject exclusively.

:smiley:

1. No.
  2. Compressed air (sold in aerosol cans in computer, electronic or office-supply stores).
  3. No.
  4. Depending on the severity (and depth) of the scratches, polising compound and/or toothpaste are both good choices. You can also do a search here; there are a couple of threads dedicated to this subject exclusively.