Renaming problems.

I just got my Clip+ and noticed a few problems.

First, in order to change a track’s name, I can’t simply just right-click and rename it. I have to right-click > Properties > Details > and then retitle it. What is going on here?

Second, I loaded files from a book-on-CD on to my Clip+ (under audiobooks) and face 2 difficult problems. 1.) Despite having renamed the folders on my P.C. “Be Different Disc 1”, “Be Different Disc 2”, “Be Different Disc 3”, “Be Different Disc 4”, and “Be Different Disc 5”, my Clip+ still recognizes the disc files as their orginal names: “Be different”, “2be different”, “Be different disc 3”, hides disc 4, and “Be different disc 5”, respectively. 2.) Sometimes it lumpes all the folders together in a single folder I didn’t create called “Be different” and plays all tracks in any order it wants to (track “a” of Disc 1 to track “7” of Disc 3 to track “02 track 02.wma” of Disc 5).

What the hell is going on? I do not have shuffle on! And in fact I have another book-on-CD under audiobooks which is having similar, but not all together coincidental, file organizational issues. 

Please help!!! Thanks.

PS. I have run firmware updates. I am running on version: V01.020.16A and my computer is running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.

“First, in order to change a track’s name, I can’t simply just right-click and rename it. I have to right-click > Properties > Details > and then retitle it. What is going on here?”

if you right click and rename it, you change the filename. I guess you want to change the title tag instead, so you need to go through properties, or else use a tag editor program.

Don’t confuse the filename with the title tag.

“Second, I loaded files from a book-on-CD on to my Clip+ (under audiobooks) and face 2 difficult problems. 1.) Despite having renamed the folders on my P.C. “Be Different Disc 1”, “Be Different Disc 2”, “Be Different Disc 3”, “Be Different Disc 4”, and “Be Different Disc 5”, my Clip+ still recognizes the disc files as their orginal names: “Be different”, “2be different”, “Be different disc 3”, hides disc 4, and “Be different disc 5”, respectively. 2.) Sometimes it lumpes all the folders together in a single folder I didn’t create called “Be different” and plays all tracks in any order it wants to (track “a” of Disc 1 to track “7” of Disc 3 to track “02 track 02.wma” of Disc 5).”

It is sorting by album and title tags, and not by folders. If you want the second disc to be separate from the first, then have the files on the second disk have a different album name than those on the first. Be different disc 1 could be the album name for the first disc, and Be different disc 2 could be the album name for files on the second disk. To keep them in the original order, you need to assign track numbers with leadion zeros, ie 01, 02,…