Remove the "The"

Help! Not so long ago, there was a discussion on removing “The” at the begining of songs titles so that they would sort by the band name. If my old memory hasn’t failed me totally it was a program that you had to download and use on your media files. Does any one remember the path to the discussion? Or maybe just the program and how to’s.

Thanks,

McSansa

It was a suggestion for enhancment in the Product Features Suggestion board here. The free media player Winamp, does this automatically and I though it would be useful if SanDisk could implement it in a firmware update in the future.

It was a suggestion for enhancment in the Product Features Suggestion board here. The free media player Winamp, does this automatically and I thought it would be useful if SanDisk could implement it in a firmware update in the future.  

Media Monkey, with the updated RegExp script, will do that.

You want to remove The The!  Why, they sound pretty good!  If you kill a “the”, then The The will be listed as The?

Hehehe.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-28-2008 02:11 PM

You can also do it with MP3tag by creating a convert action, for ARTIST to replace a regular expression of "The " (without the quotes) with a replace match that is empty.

It would pretty much mess up The The, but that is one seriously frustrating name to begin with (try searching for it!).

Message Edited by bdb on 12-28-2008 03:19 PM

I found them listening to 80s alternative music, and the name stood out among the thes in there.  To find them in Google, one has to put the thes in quotes. 

Thanks for the hint with the CONVERT action in MP3Tag, I haven’t tried that function yet!

Thanks for the the chuckle Bob

You can jsut go to my computer>internal memory>playlist/songs>right-click and rename them to anything you want.

@neutron_bob wrote:

You want to remove The The!  Why, they sound pretty good!  If you kill a “the”, then The The will be listed as The?

Hehehe.

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-28-2008 02:11 PM

You beat me to it.

Gettin’ older and slower.