Remembering the place when I plug in to charge

When I plug in my device to the computer to charge it I expect it to do just that.

When I remove it I want it to remember where I was on the playlist and not go back to the main menu and force me to go through Music->Playlists etc again.

I then I have to work my way back to the track on the playlist where I was.

Yes, but is it really that much of a problem.

EarlPurple wrote:

When I plug in my device to the computer to charge it I expect it to do just that.

When I remove it I want it to remember where I was on the playlist and not go back to the main menu and force me to go through Music->Playlists etc again.

When plugged into your computer, it establishes a data connection, which sorta wipes out where you were. The way to do what you want is to get a AC - USB wall charger or tape off the 2 inner pins on the USB plug. The outside ones are the pins that connect the charging circuitry. You can also gently insert the plug into the computer just until those slightly longer pins on the outside make contact.

AC - USB chargers are very reasonably priced, so that may be your best long-term solution. You will have to get a USB - mini USB adaptor though to use it with the Clip and/or Clip+.

It is to some extent, yes. It should remember the place I was before I plugged it in to charge, like it does if I switch it off.

If you use an AC charger that won’t happen. When you plug it into your computer, besides charging it also establishes a data connection. This is what makes it ‘forget’ where it was; a mini-reset for lack of a better term.