Release Notes? Play Count sync?

Hi;

Are the release notes (new features/fixed bugs) for each firmware release posted anywhere?

Also, I’m wondering how/if play counts get synced from the Clip back to WMP.  After doing a sync, I’m not seeing play counts change in my WMP Music Library.  Also, when looking the songs directly on the Clip,  the values under the “Play Count” column are all blank.

Thanks in advance.

no, the release notes are not posted anywhere. Unfortunately, SanDisk does not release these to the general public (or at all if im not mistaken).

Where is the playcount feature in wmp11? I cant find it. I know for a fact that none of the Sansa players have that feature/ I honostly never heard about it untill today.

Someone had posted release notes for the latest firmware update to the Sansa Connect, not too long ago.  I’ll need to track down that post and ask that person where he/she got them.

I don’t have much of a problem with a lack of release notes when it comes to bug fixes, but when a firmware update adds a new feature, it seems strange to not have it documented anywhere.

For example, some firmware update for the Clip added a “USB Mode” item on the Settings menu.  You can set the USB Mode to “MTP” or “Auto Detect”.  Can anyone explain this?  I could understand if there was a way to set the USB Mode to MSC … what does the “MTP” setting do?  You can’t force MTP on a platform that doesn’t support it, and on other platforms, MTP is the default.  Huh?

Re “Where is the playcount feature in wmp11?”

When viewing a song list, either in the Library view or the Sansa Clip view, right-click on the column headers, select “Choose Columns” and check off “Play Count”.

I am using the Sansa Firmware updater and it always says it can’t find an update for my player (1gb clip).  I hear people saying they already updated but how can I.  There’s nothing on the website.

“I am using the Sansa Firmware updater and it always says it can’t find an update for my player (1gb clip).  I hear people saying they already updated but how can I.  There’s nothing on the website.”

What version of the firmware do you have installed now?  The latest version is V01.01.15A.

My clip came loaded with V01.01.11A… I would also be curious to know where people find firmware upgrades - I haven’t been able to find anything for the clip on the website.

Thanks,

/alison

Use the Sansa Firmware Updater:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376