Refreshing Media

Every once and a while, my Fuze seems to decide on its own to refresh media.  It happened the other day when I was fumbling to turn it on.  When it does this out of the blue, all of my menus says they’re empty.  But if I try to resync my files, it tells me the device is nearly full, so I have to wipe everything out by reformatting the device and load everything back on. 

I don’t know if I’m inadvertently causing this or it’s some bug, but it’s really irritating.  Anyone else have the same problem?  Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

I don’t know exactly what caused your problem, but I’m guessing that you can avoid reformatting in the future if…

Take a look at the Fuze’s USB settings (MSC vs. MTP) To do this hit the home button, then to to settings -> system settings -> USB. If you don’t notice any files on one setting, try the other

If you don’t notice any files while connecting in either settings, try switching to MSC. Then, run a check disk on the device. You may also want to run a check disk on the memory card, too (assuming that you are using a card).