Refreshing database

If you change some music on the internal memory or on a card, is the refresh time quicker if you’ve only made a few changes? Or does it wipe the database and rescan everything from scratch?

In other words, is the refresh time proportional to the number of new tracks added, or to the total number of tracks on the player/card?

@pelago wrote:

If you change some music on the internal memory or on a card, is the refresh time quicker if you’ve only made a few changes? Or does it wipe the database and rescan everything from scratch?

In other words, is the refresh time proportional to the number of new tracks added, or to the total number of tracks on the player/card?

I can’t say 100% sure , but in my experience, I think it’s proportional to the total number of tracks on the machine/card…and my card is always in.

@pelago wrote:

The only time it completely builds a new database is if you manually delete the MTABLE.SYS file in the root directory of the Fuze. This can be helpful at times. Otherwise though, while not re-building, it still scans everything comparing the new or changed data with what is currently in the database.

So by just changing 1 or 2 files will not result in a shorter ‘refresh’ time. It still has to go through all the same ‘motions’. But the more files you have on the card will affect the length of the refresh. 100 songs = short refresh time; 1000 songs = long refresh time.

@pelago wrote:

The only time it completely builds a new database is if you manually delete the MTABLE.SYS file in the root directory of the Fuze. This can be helpful at times. Otherwise though, while not re-building, it still scans everything comparing the new or changed data with what is currently in the database.

So by just changing 1 or 2 files will not result in a shorter ‘refresh’ time. It still has to go through all the same ‘motions’. But the more files you have on the card will affect the length of the refresh.

100 songs = short refresh time; 1000 songs = long refresh time.