Since day one, this device has been extremely slow when I try to skip a track, it’s like the screen freezes up for a bit and it continues playing track ‘x’ that i want to skip, then finally it will move along to track ‘y’. Is that common? Same thing happens when Rating tracks, freezes up, then finally goes back to the correct screen.
Last week, I was flying so I took my player along. When I went to skip a track like mentioned above, it froze, then the “Refresh Database” came up. It was stuck there so I turned it off. Turned it back on and about 1/3 of the 750 songs that I had on there appeared. The other 2/3 disappeared.
I don’t save all my music on the comp. for storage space reasons. This meant that last night, I began ripping all my CD’s back into Rhapsody. Note that 90% these songs are from CD’s that I purchased, the other 10% from CD’s that were burnt from other CD’s. None of the music tracks were downloaded online. I reformated the device prior to putting anything back onto it.
What exactly is “Refresh Database”? What prompts the device to refresh the database? What is the purpose? Was it really frozen or just taking forever because of the amount of songs I had on there?
Did I do the right thing by erasing all tracks, then reformating? Note: when reformatting it warned that all info would be lost, yet the photos remained, is that correct?
I am using the original software on the device, have not updated to any of the firmware stuff.
It’s a 4GB e200.
Thanks in Advance.