Not sure what is being looked at other than the file header when building the DB
Only the Devs can truly say what causes a hang in the code when it re-builds…
Using MP3Tag v2.39 I did this:
Tag your mp3s with an ID3v2 Track, Title, Album, Artist
Copy the v2 to v1 fields and Save
Try the download - failed?
Delete both ID fields and Save
Fill in v2 fields again and copy to v1
Save and download again
Check the bitrate and bandwidth for wierd numbers.
This solved some of my problems.
Some files are still a problem and will not load.
But all my locally-ripped Classical CDs with 30minute tracks worked fine at 192bps/44khz.
Recovering from the dreaded Refresh Database lockup:
Hold the power slider in the up position for 5-10 seconds until the unit switches off.
Put the power slider down into hold/lock position and press and hold the middle button in as you plug in the USB cable.
The unit will switch on in MSC mode, say “Writing” then go into “Connected” mode
You can then open the I: drive or whatever it is on your system and selectively delete the offending files.
Or format as FAT (not FAT32) from windows and start over
I used to have an old Samsung from 2000 that finally died.
My son has an 3rd Gen ipod nano.
screen scratched in first week of use
iTunes needs a Pentium 7/9Ghz 16core processor just to refresh the screen at a decent speed
its dial is way too sensitive to be a functional product
(Apple’s business model: make it artsy instead of useful)
and the case is so slick it falls out of your hand
Message Edited by bytehd2000 on 12-05-2007 05:51 PM
Message Edited by bytehd2000 on 12-05-2007 06:02 PM