Having problems with “Refresh Database Do Not remove SD” this causing your player to crash?
I was having problems with sync’ing my playlists through Windows Media player 10, a few times I would get an “Unknown error” during transfer. This would cause all subsequent tracks to also have errors, and cause my express to crash (gets to the “Refresh Database Do Not remove SD”, pauses for long time, and eventually switches off – note this is not just auto screen off–the whole machine would not respond).
I tried various fixes listed on this site: reformat microSD as FAT32, tried to use MSC mode to make playlists by hand.
What worked for me appears to be to ensure that your ID3 tags on your MP3s are clean. These are the tags that contain artist and song info, etc. You can edit them manually by going to library in Media Player, selecting the track, right clicking and using “advanced tag editor”. There are also a couple of automatic programs out there that will go through and look for problems in your tags.
I found 2 major issues: (1) the player doesn’t seem to like tags with “Track” set to “0” and (2) it doesn’t like additional tags that include URLs and images.
hope this helps someone