recovery mode nothing works

im trying to update the firm ware on my c-150 but i cant get it inrecovery mode to do that and the computer doesnt recognize it. cus it freezes when turned on.

can i at least find a way to make it show up on the computer so i can use windows media to format it

Message Edited by KILLROYMINDLESS on 04-28-2008 07:54 PM

Hi! I had the same problem with my m250 but after downloading the recovery tool twice I noted it appears to only be for certain models.  The firmware updater has to be downloaded while nothing is plugged in, including Windows Media I think. After you have installed the updater and restarted your computer, then you can plug your Sansa in, but make sure it is off and in the MSC mode (I changed mine in the “settings” option. The updater should launch.  It puts an icon on the computer and moves while it is updating. .So far, my m250 appears to be updating for the last 30 minutes, I checked the Windows Task Manager and it is still running.  Will let you know if this works.

@killroymindless wrote:

im trying to update the firm ware on my c-150 but i cant get it inrecovery mode to do that and the computer doesnt recognize it. cus it freezes when turned on.

You might try this . . . it’s a video another user made showing exactly how to upgrade the firmware. It is posted in the c200 series forum, but it might work for you.

Good Luck! :smiley:

@sfortes1 wrote:
. . . So far, my m250 appears to be updating for the last 30 minutes, I checked the Windows Task Manager and it is still running.  Will let you know if this works.

It only takes seconds to update firmware, NOT 30 minutes. Somethings wrong! See if you can abort or cancel somehow, un-plug your device & start over.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, there IS a forum (m200 series) specifically for your device, where you can post problems and/or questions about your player. Here is a link to a “stickie” post regarding firmware & upgrading it. There’s even a video link to show you how.

If you have any further problems, I’d suggest posting in that forum for more & better help, instead of this one where you posted, OFF TOPIC/OTHER PRODUCTS.

Good Luck! :smiley: