recording fm radio

I know you can record voice and listen to fm radio, but is  there any way to record fm radio with my clip plus?  I’d like to listen to some shows again.  I use to do this with cassett tape recorders that had fm radio.

While listening to the radio, press down on the control pad and scroll to “Recording”.

Could someone tell me what format the recordings are in when done from the radio?  It might seem a stupid question when this is an mp3 player, but I understand that some mp3 players don’t actually record in mp3 format, and I wanted to find out whether the Clip+ does or not.  Thanks. 

@misterprune wrote:

Could someone tell me what format the recordings are in when done from the radio?  It might seem a stupid question when this is an mp3 player, but I understand that some mp3 players don’t actually record in mp3 format, and I wanted to find out whether the Clip+ does or not.  Thanks. 

They are WAV format…big files.

Which you then easily can convert to MP3 format with a freely available (and free) format converter, if you want to keep the recordings around.  (Sure, it’s an extra step, but better than not having the capability.)