Recommendations for converting YouTube flv to avi files?

Used to be a vixy user, but they seem to have died on the vine.  Any other ideas where you have the YouTube header and get a converted avi output?

Googling

Eveybody’s a wise-a**.

I DID Google.  I saw a bunch of options.

Some of them appear to be free but are not.

Some do not appear to take a youtube header and go and fetch & convert.

I am asking for personal advice or recommendations so that I can learn from others and not play with google and dead ends for hours.

thank you

I use FREEZ FLV to AVI Converter.  It is free and works flawlessly.  Just do a search and download it from one of the trust sites.

You can also go to www.smallvideosoft.com and download it.

One of the people at Best Buy disconnected some gear so I could listen to all of the MP3 players and the Fuse was as good of sounding as any of them with the Sony being the best.  You had to go to a $200+ Apple iPod Touch to get the same sound quality as you can get from SanDisk for under $100.

One step, baby, use DVD Video Soft.  It’s been recently updated, and the name of the YouTube video is automatically pulled for you (you can edit it for the player if desired).

Whenever I find something absurdly funny on YouTube, it’s a few mouse clicks away.  The output file is converted to AVI that the Sansa is quite happy with.  I run the output through the SMC right on to the Sansa.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you all.

I think it’s built into real player too

DVD Video Soft is GREAT!  Diverse, simple, powerful, easy to understand, does multiple batches, and FREE!  Whoo-hoo.  Thanks Bob.

The .flv files are smaller so why doesn’t Sansa incorporate the ability to read .flv files for the Fuze on a future update?  The .avi file size is twice as large as the original .flv.

I prefer use Flash to Video Encoder PRO.It’s prog for convert flv to many different formats.Try

Go away, spammer.

I’ve tried  just about every video converter out there and nothing works when it comes time to use the SMC to get them on the device…

Converted YouTube vids to AVI or WMV, nothing…   SMC just gives me error for improper codec when I go to Add Media so it can be converted and placed on the device…

Any help? 

Video4Fuze

https://code.google.com/p/video4fuze/

@black_rectangle wrote:

Video4Fuze

Thanks for the quick response.  I have used video4fuze and everything seems to work fine until I go to use the SMC tool. 

I have the device connected,   I select Add Media and usually within a few seconds I get an error about improper codec.  

Could you provide some steps or instruction to exactly what I need to be doing?

FYI,   I’ve used both a Windows XP and Windows Vista machine to run the programs.    My newest laptop a Win 7 machine doesn’t seem to like the SMC tool and updater and doesn’t want to run them so I’ve been stuck using my older systems.

Any help,  much appreciated.

Paul

@paul216 wrote:

@black_rectangle wrote:

Video4Fuze

Thanks for the quick response.  I have used video4fuze and everything seems to work fine until I go to use the SMC tool. 

You don’t need to use the SMC if you use Video4fuze.

@tapeworm wrote:

@paul216 wrote:

@black_rectangle wrote:

Video4Fuze

You don’t need to use the SMC if you use Video4fuze.

Thanks for the quick replies again :slight_smile:

Worked like a charm…   To think I’ve been taking things a step too far…  haha

I have been converting Youtube videos now with the Video4Fuze for my daughter who is a Ninjago fan,   she loves being able to watch them on her Fuze now.   I do have a question, is there anyway to improve framerate lag/slow down?  It seems to lag down every now and then and get a bit choppy. 

I use Flash to AVI converter. For profound users It offers advanced conversion settings. You can set specific audio and video codecs, resize and crop the video image.

you may also refer to this youtube flv to avi process guide here.

Smith

Shill alert.