RAX

i bought a sansa m240 a while back    it played the regular music types and RAX files

i got a fuze and my RAX music would not play with Fuze

the RAX files were from Rhapsody/BEST BUY DIGITAL MUSIC STRORE

when i buy tracks from it they are either RAX or mp3

plz help with this problem

do i change music store or keep it???:cry:

I get the same problem so I would change the music sore. RAX doesn’t work with the fuze.

Open Rhapsody with the fuze plugged in, make sure you authorize the fuze in rhapsoday, then using rhapsody try to transfer. I do not know, if this will work for sure, but I think it should help.

@zach2164 wrote:

i bought a sansa m240 a while back    it played the regular music types and RAX files

i got a fuze and my RAX music would not play with Fuze

the RAX files were from Rhapsody/BEST BUY DIGITAL MUSIC STRORE

when i buy tracks from it they are either RAX or mp3

plz help with this problem

do i change music store or keep it???:cry:

There are several conversion programs that will convert Real Audio Protection RAX files to MP3.  Google for “RAX to mp3 converter” and you may find others.   Here are a few i found.   I have no experience with them.    Most offer a free download trail so you can try them.   Good luck :slight_smile:

http://coolmp3tool.com/rm-to-mp3-converter.htm

http://www-soundtaxi.com/drmbuster.html

http://www.tunecab.com/product.php

ok but the converter will probably say sorry the type of file is not supported

you will never know til you try

ok ill try i guess

help@@@

ive tried different converter software and downloaded at least 50times im not even jokin@@@@ help please!:angry:

@zach2164 wrote:

help@@@

ive tried different converter software and downloaded at least 50times im not even jokin@@@@ help please!:angry:

This may not be the popular answer, or even the most legal, but you paid for them right? Get Frostwire or limewire and download the songs again from there.

yes ive paid for them and i deserve to get them  thanks u

Its the age old debate, If I pay for it can I use a less than legal service to get it back? I say yeah! I do it all the time, because I like to leave my disks in the plastic

I have this same situation with music I’ve purchased from Real. If you’ve purchased them, they’re in a restricted format (they have the gall to call it “protected” but all it does is restrict paying users). You’ll need to burn it to an audio CD, then re-rip it. If you do both of these things with the same program, it should be able to retain the tags.

ive tried and it says file not right or found or sumthin

its cool but ill just use limewire or find it

i think its fair if they mess me up then i deserve to get it free

With all these different format debates - I t hink I"m just gonna buy my music from Amazon for a buck a track.  Won’t have any headaches if I upgrade players at a later date.

Do you have the purchased files on your hard drive as RealAudio RAX?  I’d check into the Rhapsody 4 client if you can transfer the files to mp3 or wma format.  Have you checked with Rhapsody?

The Rhapsody Sansa (e200) plays the flies natively, as will your PC.  Rhapsody maintains the transfer information for your account, meaning that a catastrophic failure of your hard drive doesn’t mean you have lost your tracks.

Along this line of thinking, I believe you can indeed aquire MP3 or wma versions of your tracks.

The Fuze, Clip, and e200v2 are RhapPFS devices, playing the windows media audio DRM version of the tracks now.  At least they kicked the bit rate up a notch, to 160 kb/s.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

its fine now but often the music changes types even when i dont touch them

they also sometimes get number name 01-