Random Info Contribution - Album Art

Hello Fellow Fuzers!

I finished converting my 400 CDs into MP3s and I am now in the process of converting nearly 1000 vinyl albums.  The only drag is album art to enjoy in my Fuze during playback and needing to have images at 172x172. Since iTunes and various other online sources use much larger images on their websites I have found a excellent source of album art images to drop into iTunes before synching to my Fuze - CD Universe.

1.  Google the artist name, album and include CD Universe

2.  9 times out of 10 the first page results under Google Images will have a listing from CD Universe with an image of the album you want at 170x170.

3.  Open up the image on your browser.

4.  Right click and save the image to your clipboard.

5.  Right click and paste to the image box in iTunes.

Hope this random bit of info is useful to someone.

Till later,

NormZ 

I’ve found using MediaMonkey’s “Auto-Tag From Web” function is an extremely fast and easy way to add cover art. Just right-click on an album name in your library list and choose “Auto-Tag From Web.” When the search is complete in the pop-up window, disable all tag functions except “Cover” (in the web results upper half of the window), make sure all tracks to be tagged are checked (bottom half of window) and click the Auto-Tag button. Takes less than a minute from start to finish to add cover art to the tags of an entire album.

@robisan wrote:
I’ve found using MediaMonkey’s “Auto-Tag From Web” function is an extremely fast and easy way to add cover art. Just right-click on an album name in your library list and choose “Auto-Tag From Web.” When the search is complete in the pop-up window, disable all tag functions except “Cover” (in the web results upper half of the window), make sure all tracks to be tagged are checked (bottom half of window) and click the Auto-Tag button. Takes less than a minute from start to finish to add cover art to the tags of an entire album.

Quick key for tag from Amazon is Ctrl + L Its what I used on over 102,000 songs.

@normz wrote:

Hello Fellow Fuzers!

I finished converting my 400 CDs into MP3s and I am now in the process of converting nearly 1000 vinyl albums.  The only drag is album art to enjoy in my Fuze during playback and needing to have images at 172x172. Since iTunes and various other online sources use much larger images on their websites I have found a excellent source of album art images to drop into iTunes before synching to my Fuze - CD Universe.

One of the managers I’ve been trying out is musicbee ( http://getmusicbee.com ), currently in the “version 1 release candidate” stage.  It can resize the artwork on the fly when it copies to the player, so you can keep the larger version for playing on the PC.

Another option is “album cover art downloader” ( http://unrealvoodoo.org/hiteck/projects/albumart/) which finds/downloads covers and can resize to your preference.

@normz wrote:

Hello Fellow Fuzers!

I finished converting my 400 CDs into MP3s and I am now in the process of converting nearly 1000 vinyl albums.  The only drag is album art to enjoy in my Fuze during playback and needing to have images at 172x172.

Where are people getting this idea that the Fuze requires album art to be 172 x 172 from?

Although there is some upper limit for the maximum size it’s up over 300 x 300. The Fuze scales album art to fit what screen it is currently displaying it on. In the album list it scales down to a tiny thumbnail beside the album names, in the now playing screen it scales it to a mid size, and if you tap the center button twice it scales to a larger album art only display size.

The “standard” album art size has always been 200 x 200 (and the Fuze works just fine with that size). Virtually all the other size images on the Internet have been scaled up/down from the normal 200 x 200 size anyway. There are tons of album images at 200 x 200 (give or take a pixel or two) on the Internet to choose from. So, I have no idea why people even bother messing around with other sizes to start with.

Message Edited by miltst on 05-09-2009 11:38 AM

@miltst wrote:

@normz wrote:

Hello Fellow Fuzers!

I finished converting my 400 CDs into MP3s and I am now in the process of converting nearly 1000 vinyl albums.  The only drag is album art to enjoy in my Fuze during playback and needing to have images at 172x172.

Where are people getting this idea that the Fuze requires album art to be 172 x 172 from?

Although there is some upper limit for the maximum size it’s up over 300 x 300. The Fuze scales album art to fit what screen it is currently displaying it on. In the album list it scales down to a tiny thumbnail beside the album names, in the now playing screen it scales it to a mid size, and if you tap the center button twice it scales to a larger album art only display size.

The “standard” album art size has always been 200 x 200 (and the Fuze works just fine with that size). Virtually all the other size images on the Internet have been scaled up/down from the normal 200 x 200 size anyway. There are tons of album images at 200 x 200 (give or take a pixel or two) on the Internet to choose from. So, I have no idea why people even bother messing around with other sizes to start with.

Message Edited by miltst on 05-09-2009 11:38 AM

Bigger 200x200 is a bigger file than 172x172. Its not a requirement but why waste the space, especially if you are trying to fit as much music as you can on the player

Thanks for your comments, Conversionbox!